Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Just been crashed in to
  • scaled
    Free Member

Nothing too serious that i can tell, managed to make it the ~1 mile left to work.

She did run over my foot though, I can wiggle my toes, does that mean they’re not broken?

alfabus
    Free Member

I can wiggle my toes, does that mean they’re not broken?

IANAD – Yes, probably – when I broke my hand, it swelled up like a balloon and was intensely painful. If you are wiggling it and loading it without howling, you’re probably fine. If in doubt, go for a proper opinion.

Anything else damaged? have you reported to the police? (you are injured, so AFAIK you are obliged to report it).

Dave

MarkN
    Free Member

You should report this as you have been injured. I would suggest you get the foot checked to be sure, better safe than sorry. Heal quickly 😉

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I broke 3 bones in my ankle. A&E missed this (took best part of 4 months to find out – long story!) but everyone said ‘you haven’t broken anything otherwise you wouldn’t be able to walk on it’.

Well, I could walk, well hobble, on it so they were all wrong. As my GP said a year later ‘bloody hell, that was a right mess. How was that missed’

Anyway, I’d get yourself along to your nearest Walk In Centre to see a nurse. The one I saw when I did the ankle breaking was convinced it was broken, just a shame A&E were so inept!

scaled
    Free Member

Happened at this junction I slowed down to a crawl pretty much and she accelerated into the side of me (after looking right at me a few seconds before)

Nothing is swollen as yet and feeling fine… other than injuries sustained trying to ride down a frozen Jacobs ladder yesterday 😀

sing1etrack

It’s not tremendously clear who gives way to who there is it!?

allthegear
    Free Member

that is a dreadful junction – get well soon!!

Rachel

scaled
    Free Member

Just for my peace of mind, who does have right of way there? 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

I’d get yourself along to your nearest Walk In Centre

no need to tease the poor bastard! 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

Give way lines (road not cycle lane) should be on the second island not the first that would sort it out, at the moment you’re both giving way to each other so…

andyl
    Free Member

that is confusing. Everyone as to give way!

Would the roundabout rules of give way to the right apply? If so and going on that shot you are going from left to right and the car is coming towards us? If so then she should look left and give way but the junction really is rubbish as the car coming towards us already has to look left to give way to bikes going right to left so why not left to right too?

MarkN
    Free Member

Even more reason to report it I reckon so hopefully it gets looked into and correctly marked up.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Glad you’re Ok, if your foot starts swelling go to A&E.

As for reporting it, that’s up to you. If you have time to sit in police station for ages then talk to some who doesn’t give a sh*t then do it.

Did you get her details/witnesses in case you did report it?

joao3v16
    Free Member

I broke 3 bones in my ankle. A&E missed this … my GP said a year later ‘bloody hell, that was a right mess. How was that missed’

Three cheers for our glorious NHS!

😈

scaled
    Free Member

was a bit shaken up afterwards, got her phone number but forgot to write down her reg! Muppet.

No witnesses stopped, about 5 cyclists went past too, cars all drove round the back of her.

I was going right to left in that pic by the way… opposite way to the direction of traffic on the dual carriage way, hence slowing right down!

cheburashka
    Free Member

Had a similar one ten years ago, broke foot (unknowingly) running down stairs at work, hobbled on it for three days then went to A & E when bruising started appearing between my toes. After x-rays was sent away with a leaflet about sprains. A month later got a letter from the hospital asking me to go in, they told me I had broken my ankle/top of foot (the tendon at front of calf had pulled a sliver of bone out of my foot!), the original X-ray inspection had missed it (trainee doc apparently) and they checked it was healing fine and sent me on my way.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I would say the bikes have right of way – the lines on the road are newer. Report it for sure. Its an injury accident and must be reported. If you feel generous phone her and tell her yo are doing so and she should as well – get her reg no at the same time if you can

avdave2

It’s not tremendously clear who gives way to who there is it!?

scaled
    Free Member

Well, just went to the NHS walk in centre and was informed that it’d be £25 for them to take a look at me and they cant do x-rays there anyway so there’s a good chance they’d take my money and then refer me to A&E anyway!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

What? Thats out of order. Are you sure it was an NHS unit? What ws the unit called?

MarkN
    Free Member

£25 for them to have a look at you. I would thought that would have been free being NHS, unless it is a private place. Mind you I reckon that you are right thay will ship you off to A&E once they have fleeced you.

Did you tell to get on their bike? 😀

dogbert
    Free Member

I broke 3 bones in my ankle.

Me too, years ago in a rollerskating incident. My mother (the nurse) said “oh, you can wiggle your toes, nothing wrong with it other than a sprain”

Next morning I couldn’t put any weight on it, she reluctantly to me to A&E, low and behold ankle broken in 3 places. The doctor called her a bad mother

scaled
    Free Member

City Health Centre
    2nd Floor, Boots, 32 Market Street,
    Manchester, M1 1PL
    Tel: 0161 839 6227
    Open seven days a week: 8am – 8pm

Found from this page: http://www.manchester.nhs.uk/findyournearest/otherservices/walk-in_centres.html

No mention there of a charge for services…

They did say that it would be £25 because it was an RTA. Should have told them an elephant stood on my foot.

I’m not sure how much sympathy i’d get at A&E if i turn up on a bike but i’m not leaving it in Manchester over night, even in the work car park.

D0NK

What is the point on having give way to both the main road and side road? It’s a side road, people joining and leaving the main road should give way.

scary tho, bad design

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Errmmm- what you need is a minor injuries centre. Like a small scale A&E. Looks like manchester might not have them but there is something at the MRI.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Just been crashed in to’ is closed to new replies.