Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Just because it's Friday and I love my Swift Monstercross!
  • cjr61

This Sunday I will be mostly riding this beauty!

I’m in a happy mood and wanted to share….Grass haters do your worst….

Love and Sprockets to all.

#TWATOS

ton

possibly one of the nicest bikes I have owned was a swift.
    just lovely to look at and ride. ace.

cjr61

Thanks Ton, wanted one for ages….love it.

NormalMan

Really nice bike. 8)

tomhoward

The lack of care and attention afforded to it would indicate that the OP is the grass hater here…

twicewithchips
    Free Member

ooh, nice. (valves/logos please)

dumbbot
    Free Member

Not normally a skinwall fan, but they look good with the tan bar tape. Nice job.

sparkyrhino

Giz a go 😉

cjr61

Thanks for the lawn comments….first cut last weekend so it’s still scruffy!

Think perhaps a negative correlation…as bike time increases, grass time decreases!

cjr61

Twicewithchips….glad you’ve noticed the North Worcestehire method of valve/logo alignment…it’s an exact science don’t you know 😀

Cheezpleez

Gert lush.

I’ve just taken delivery of some 35c cyclocross tyres for my Swift, which is currently in 29+ front mode. Can’t wait to try it out. Such a great and adaptable frame.

v666ern
    Free Member

Looks lovely Chris <approves> 8)

cjr61

Thanks all. Cheez – CX tyres in the garage ready for the next incarnation!

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Looking again I see you have indeed taken care to use a method. Looks perfect for a tour round worcs/shrops green lanes and the like.

cjr61

Twicewithchips – ‘the random chuck on the tyres, then piss about as they’re a bit leaky being tubeless’ method of valve logo alignment!! 😉

Cheezpleez

What are the bars?

squiff
    Free Member

What frame is that, It’s Lovely

cjr61

Singular Swift in XL flavour and On-One Midge bars for some flarey drop bar goodness.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Well done Chris- sorry I couldn’t help out!

cjr61

Thanks Pop…. I got there eventually!

birdage

Smart looking Swift!

ssboggy

That looks ace, after a Swift or preferably a Gryphon at the moment to build something similar up.

funkmasterp

That looks like a fun ride. Always fancied a go on a dirt drop 29er and the Singular frames just look so classy. Your grass is much better than mine too. The edging is shocking though! No defining line between grass and bed. Have a look at the other Friday bike thread with the Stanton for guidance 😉

Boggy – there’s a Gryphon on eBay at the moment. Just saw it whilst browsing, didn’t have a proper look

ssboggy

Boggy – there’s a Gryphon on eBay at the moment. Just saw it whilst browsing, didn’t have a proper look

Yeah I’ve seen it thanks, i think its a bit small though could do with a large

cjr61

Thanks all

#edgingtrackworld

yossarian
    Free Member

Grass? Where?

That’s moss.

core

Holy thread ressuection…..

What’s the thinking on sizing when monstercrossing/drop barring a swift?

At 6ft I’d certainly be on a large if I was going for traditional mtb set up – but what about drops?

tazzymtb

singulars are such nice bikes, I’ve loved everyone I’ve ridden , my 29+ drop bar rooster was epic.

nedrapier

core, from the horse’s mouth:

Drop bar 29ers – Gryphon or Swift?

“To give a clear comparison, the picture below overlays an extra large 2015 Gryphon with a large 2016 Swift. While the Swift is slightly longer and lower at the front end, judicious choice of stem can yield a riding position identical to that of the Gryphon. The caveat being that in order to keep the reach within a workable range the next size down in Swift is required if you are sure you want a drop bar dedicated machine. ‘What about those of us who needed a medium Gryphon?’ I hear you cry – well, good news, the new Swift is also available in a size S which has very similar reach to a M Gryphon.”

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Just because it's Friday and I love my Swift Monstercross!’ is closed to new replies.