Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Jump red lights with no lights on, it doesn't matter
  • phiiiiil

From the Guardian: Risky cycling rarely to blame for bike accidents, study finds (found via Sustrans on facebook…)

"The main cause of crashes seems to be 'failed to look properly', whereas very few cyclists are injured or killed acting illegally, such as failing to use lights at night or disobeying traffic signals," said Chris Peck, from the lobby group.

Although I suppose you could reword that as "Dozy motorists piloting a ton of metal are dangerous; news at 11" which is rather less newsworthy…

(I haven't seen this on here already, despite reading that article yesterday, but apologies if there's a thread about it already!)

Smee
    Free Member

It's a bit of a no shit sherlock article that though is it not?

Keva
    Free Member

everyone should look where they are going really.

Google
    Free Member

Doesnt this indicate that cyclists riding illegally may be 'looking where they are going' rather more carefully than 'legal' riders?

shepleg
    Free Member

yeah obviously but not using lights is just dumb, I almost hit someone the other day in town as he was virtually invisible, black kit no lights at 6 at night in rush hour and i'm really aware of fellow cyclists

Helios
    Free Member

I wouldn't put too much store in those reports – in my experience TRL know absolutely sod all about risk analysis

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Jump red lights with no lights on, it doesn't matter’ is closed to new replies.