Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • jump of dooooom!
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Genius. Did anyone break the world record by No. 9, enquiring minds want to know….

parkesie
    Free Member

The jump of doom kept me going for 10 laps.

gee
    Free Member

Very funny (again) – I loved the fairy light “runway” into it too 🙂

James_F
    Free Member

Please explain

robsoctane
    Free Member

What James F said…

chipps

It’s a SITS thing 😉 Guess you had to be there.
    Took me a couple of laps to notice it, but I hit it from then on. Big air (for me…)

bullheart
    Free Member

It’s a SITS thing Guess you had to be there.

Or at Mayhem. So perhaps you didn’t.

chipps

Interestingly, the Jump of Doom (Mayhem) had different organisers to the Jump of Doom (Sleepless) – I wonder if there’ll be a patent infringement lawsuit 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I loved the little run way fairy lights although there was no way I was heading over it at night and tired 😉 someone must have some pics….Ooo we might post later_

Vortexracing

Successfully ‘jumped’ every lap, except my early hours in the dark ones.

Great event overall and things like this just go to emphasis the fun aspect.

I expect to see it at every SITS and MM from now on.

Wonder if it wil get higher and higher as the years go on.

eth3er
    Free Member

I did it on every lap, nowhere near the record mind.

njee20
    Free Member

Did it on the daytime laps, wasn’t going to risk crashing in the night while it was wet and there was no one around anyway!

peak1

As a rider I found it amazing how much energy could be mustered for the jump when people started clanging their cowbells 8)

trio25
    Free Member

I did it while there were people there, not at night, and by my last few laps steering was hard enough so avoided it then.

Drillski
    Free Member

I did it on saturday, but not after the rain as i was having a bad patch, (which kind of lasted for around the next 12 hours!) and then from nowhere mustered the energy for it on the last lap!
    To all the people who clanged cowbells, clapped, cheered, waved, or even just smiled quietly…..Thank you! it really helps.
    Sorry for all the times we can’t seem to manage a response apart from a sour look, but honestly, we do appreciate it!
    Thank You, Thank you, Thank you….. from a sobbing solo!

Trimix
    Free Member

Yes, it was the best bit for me 🙂

Also the fastest bit for me as I tired to go for the world record each time. Failed of course, but it really made my day (two days).

And the night-time runway style lights were simply brilliant.

The line of little toy cars added to it at one point was also great

will
    Free Member

I also did it, however just as I was about to hit the ramp a rider from the left decided they also liked to look of the jump and almost took me out! Had to hit the brakes to aviod hitting people and bikes 🙄

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

(Mr MC)

I had to pull out of riding for our team with injury 🙁 so came along as pit crew/chef/photographer/cheer leader. Sat up on the Jump as well as the final climb into the zigzag/bombhole into the finish.

A very quick and competitive female rider (sorry didnt catch number) going for the jump, having fun whilst taking it seriously. Seemed to sum up the ethos of the event.

and simon from our team Dreaming Tyres (all oxford based, geddit) going for maximum height

the rear of the van parked up next to the jump was also signed up, and as has been said the jump had runway lights on at night 🙂

Drillski, having a soloist climbing with gritted teeth managing to say thanks for a cheer or even engage in banter helped make us reluctant spectators feel involved in the event- i enjoyed being there for the atmosphere rather than resenting I couldnt ride.

postierich
    Free Member

Only did the jump once my kind of air!

5thElefant
    Free Member

The jump of doom added a technical element to the event 😉

I’m surprised there wasn’t an event photographer in situ.

njee20
    Free Member

Hmmm, a gravelly bend was obviously more exciting 😉

I did hear it’s not the greatest course for photos, it’s not that ‘visually appealing’, ie it’s a lot of fields!

A very quick and competitive female rider (sorry didnt catch number) going for the jump

That’s Amy Baron-Hall, the winning soloist, isn’t it?

Our guys were doing it, we were fairly competitive, as you say, it adds a bit of fun!

nbt

Yep, that’s amy

stumpy01

Ha HA!! That looks great! Shame there was nothing like this at the 24/12 by the trackside camping!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

fastest woman soloist (beat the field by 2 laps) does J.O.D? 8) 8) 8)

trio25
    Free Member

Yes that’s me!

Can I use the photo on my blog?

joolzed
    Free Member

Ohhh I didn’t know it was there…. That would have been ace fun to shoot!! LOL!

miketually
    Free Member

Amy, are you not worried how many people can identify you from a photo of your arse? 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Someone described as quick, sticker identified solo woman, Cooksons kit. Elementary Watson 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

(Mr MC)

[humbled mode] amy/trio, if you email bikrbum at hotmail dot com I can send you the original hi res copy if you want, but otherwise fill your boots[/humbled mode].

I took a few shots from the front but gave up when someone going for distance record and X-up style narrowly avoided landing on me. A professional hazard for the likes of Joolzed I suppose!

marty
    Free Member

Certainly a better jump than the one we built at MM07. Very few people did that with/without the person lying on the other side – Hans Rey gave it a very wide steer.

DSC_0059 by martysavalas, on Flickr

8 Jumps of Doom for me this weekend. IR Evel.

trio25
    Free Member

Thanks email sent. I was too scared to try it on sunday morning as my hands were so sore holding the bars!

But quick, did none of you see how slowly I was riding sunday?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Trio..where is your blog I fancy a read inspirational I did 6 laps and was in pain!! Awesome weekend best I have had in ages…can’t wait until next year_!

5thElefant
    Free Member

But quick, did none of you see how slowly I was riding sunday?

I think was behind you on the final singletrack section towards the end. You were going very briskly. You appeared to be engrosed in a conversation with someone (or something) though 😯

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

(Mr MC)

amy, email sent. You could afford to ride slowly (probably a relative term) with a 2 lap buffer. Chapeau! 8)

trio25
    Free Member

trio25.blogspot.com

Not that interesting to anyone but me really, mainly I went riding etc

Thanks for the picture though.

Miketually the amount of people who knew my name kept me going for the 24hours, it is great when people cheer for you.

miketually
    Free Member

I’d have recognised you from the photo too 🙂

I got recognised a lot on my old Inbred with the pink grips, but not anymore.

trio25
    Free Member

I think was behind you on the final singletrack section towards the end. You were going very briskly. You appeared to be engrosed in a conversation with someone (or something) though

I talk to myself a lot when I find the riding hard, probably something like “turn bike turn”?

andrewh
    Free Member

Interestingly, the Jump of Doom (Mayhem) had different organisers to the Jump of Doom (Sleepless) – I wonder if there’ll be a patent infringement lawsuit

If they’ve copied the design then yes there could be be.
    If they’ve copied the name but not the design, then no, that’s a copywrite infringement.

gregshore1991
    Free Member

thankyou for all the commets about the “Jump of DOOM” we saw the jump of doom at mountian mayhem 2011 and thaught that we would give it a go. it just started out as a bit of fun and throughout the weekend it got serious.
    the Winner of the jump was number 9 closely followed by number 1055 wich every1 saw was a massive distance:)
    we had a lot of fun with the jump and do intend on doing it next year bigger and better with more lights.
    will put some photos up shortly when i get the camera back.

we would all like to say thankyou for every1 playing along and look forward 2 next year:)

happy ridding

rOcKeTdOg

Amy, that arse needs VeloCake plastered over it!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘jump of dooooom!’ is closed to new replies.