Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Juicy Ultimates
  • rkk01
    Free Member

Any good?

Specifically, whats the stopping power like, seeing as they are badged for XC?

foxyrider
    Free Member

I have the carbons and they are OK but the newer Elixiers IMHO (on my mates bike) are better 🙂

Bream
    Free Member

I run the carbons on my DH bike with 203 rotors, I'm happy with them, the only gripe I have is that when the bike is left for a week or 2 they become spongy but this soon goes away with a few lever flicks before the first decent.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Elixir's are more powerful.

I run Ultimate levers with Code and Elixir callipers. Very good set up in my onion.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Just binned (literally – they were very dead) my Old Juicy 5s which are essentially very similar – and got Elixirs CRs – the difference is massive AND the pads are a billion times easier to change. Merlin are doing a full set of CRs for under £200 too!!

rkk01
    Free Member

Merlin are doing a full set of CRs for under £200 too!!

That might settle it then!!

theflatboy
    Free Member

Bream – Member

I run the carbons on my DH bike with 203 rotors, I'm happy with them, the only gripe I have is that when the bike is left for a week or 2 they become spongy but this soon goes away with a few lever flicks before the first decent.

yeah that happens with mine, too. weird. i have xt brakes on my other bikes and marginally prefer them, but probably partly due to having xt on the bike i ride every day so am much more used to the feel on those.

generally they're very good – nice feel and very good power with 185mm rotors.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Juicy Ultimates’ is closed to new replies.