Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Juicy 7 problem
  • eviljoe
    Free Member

Morning all-

my rear Juicy 7 works fine most of the time, and then occasionally goes all the way back to the bar. They were bled about 4 months ago,pads are about 1/2 worn, does something need replacing?

Cheers

foxyrider
    Free Member

Are the pads equalised?

eviljoe
    Free Member

How do you mean?

mk1fan
    Free Member

Sounds like there's still some air in the system. Bleeding them is a faffy procedure.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I.e. the pads meeting the disc at the same time when you brake?

If it's air then they would be spongy all the time no? Unless th air is in the resoviour in the lever and pops in and out?

stumpy01

Yeah – I'd say there's still some air in them.

Bleed them again and look at the youtube avid video beforehand.
    There's quite a lot of steps, but it's really easy to do and sorted out my Juicy 7's when i pushed a piston out & my Elixirs that were bled badly from new.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Bleeding them is a faffy procedure.

First couple of times it is – there's a vid on You Tube which helps a lot – especially as it tells you to push fluid back into the system as the final step..

mk1fan
    Free Member

Air in the reservoir.

I also like to put a couple of turns 'IN' on the Pad Contact Adjuster before removing the syringe to ensure the system is full. When you turn the PCA out the lever should be solid. You can then set the PCA to get the feel you want.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Cheers chaps,

Looks like I'll be getting the syringes out again then 😕

joolsburger
    Free Member

I have another juicy problem. Took my front wheel off and threw the bike in the car last night somehow the retaining clip pinged off and the pads fell out.

I've put the pads back in and the spreader spring is present and correct but I can't find the retaining clip. Seems the pads can't fall out once the wheels in so was going to leave as is. Is that retainning clip essential?

mk1fan
    Free Member

The pads should be held in the calliper by the nibs on the pistons as well as the clip/spring. As long as the nibs are there, the pads shouldn't fall out whilst the wheel (and ergo the rotor) is installed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Juicy 7 problem’ is closed to new replies.