Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Joplin Owners, advice…
  • RDL-82
    Free Member

Hi just finished building up the new bike and after fitting the seatpost, i cycled it up and down several times as advised in the instruction, and all seems good, however noticed that if the post is lowered i can pull it back up without using the lever, is that normal, it locks in place fine and resists going down without pressing the lever, but was under the impression that the lever needed pulling to raise it as well, if i pull the lever it rises faster/smoother.

Any advice, its brand new so not sure how its suppossed to behave yet.

Cheers

dyls

WHen I had mine and if I remember correctly, you could pull up the seat without touching the lever, however the seat wouldn't stay in that raised position, it would fall back to where it was before. The only way to get it back up and to stay there was to use the lever. (If that makes sense?)

dyls

Btw mine was the mk3 version, if you have the newer mk4 it could be different on them.

RDL-82
    Free Member

no mk 3 here aswell, however this stays put once up, at least it is for now, wont be making a habit of not using the lever it was just caught and noticed it and wondered.

Email to 2pure on Monday see what they say, unless anyone else can comment…

hughjayteens
    Free Member

You can pull them up if they are down but it should drop down to the lower position when you let go – my speedball does that as does my mates new Joplin 3.

RDL-82
    Free Member

quick bump to see if the morning crew have any opinions…

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

This is normal, if you do it by accident you might need to pump the seat post up and down a few times to get it to lock at its highest position.

If it doesnt lock at the highest point, you need to "burp" it by undoing the collar and pumping a couple of times.

Bit of a pain, especially if you go to the Alps, leave it lowered and the lift handlers lift it by the saddle…

RDL-82
    Free Member

will try that later, cheers

stumpyjon

As agentdagnamit says it's normal. Does say in the instructions not to do it though.

That said I've picked mine up by the seat on many occaisions and had no problems.

RDL-82
    Free Member

yeah noticed it in the instructions about not lifting it, and tbh i caught it by accident, but then thought, oopps was that meant to happen, will have a play with it when iget home…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Joplin Owners, advice…’ is closed to new replies.