Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • jools holland this week
  • mikey3
    Free Member

anyone see adele singing someone like you,wow,put here on the same stage as those x factor folks and they,d probably burst into flames,what a voice

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Very impressed, she was quite amazing. I was captivated!

brakes
    Free Member

jools is best watched on iPlayer, then you can replay the good stuff like Adele, Arcade Fire and Raghu Dixit (indian folky stuff) and skip the dull irrelevant stuff like Robert Plant and Mavis Staples
    when Adele sings songs like that she sounds incredible, just a shame some of her album songs are a bit too pop
    I really don’t get why jools has so many old giffers like Robert Plant, Bryan Ferry and Steve Miller on (probably because they’re trying to sell albums) – in their heyday they were good, but the stuff they write now is just appalling – I guess someone must like it

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I take it you haven’t listened to Steve Millers new stuff then?

Brian Ferrys now stuff is pretty good and Robert Plant is and always will be a musical legend. He wrote some of the best rock lyrics of all time and was the frontman of THE greatest rock band in history.

MussEd
    Free Member

Re Robert Plant – Frontman of THE greatest rock band? Hell yeah! lyricist? nah not really…”in the darkests depths of Mordor…”

Jools Holland gets on my thruppenys. Insists on **** his way thru some “boogie woogie” version of some old duffers song, when other more relevant and creative artists are shunted to the side cos of time restrictions – see Adele…who I agree was amazing.

edhornby

old duffers like Robert Plant are usually on it because they appeal to the majority of people who watch the programme…

I agree totally with MussEd, his big band bore the hell out of me too, covers of other peoples stuff with lumpy arrangements

captain_spaulding
    Free Member

The beauty of the program has always been its eclectic line ups.
    The child catcher gets on my tits too with his boogie oogie woogie
    but his researchers must no a bit about music.
    Why is there no prime time music show anymore?

Bring back The Tube….

TheFopster
    Free Member

Will put up with Jools if it gets Arcade Fire on the TV. They weren’t at their best (previous appearance on Jools was a blinder) but on a bad day they are better than most – even that old man with the long hair who was on. Who the hell was he???

CountZero

even that old man with the long hair who was on. Who the hell was he???

Ho ho, funny man. If you don’t actually know, and his name would be on the screen, then I’d be too embarrassed to admit my ignorance of such a famous English singer. I’ve seen Percy quite a few times, and live he’s up there with the best, he always puts on a fantastic show, regardless of the size of venue. And making snide comments about the likes of Plant and Ferry being on there because they have albums to sell, well of course they do, stupid; that’s what bands and singers do! Age of the artist is also totally irrelevant, Christ, some of you ought to be writing for the Daily Mail, you display the same sneering attitude to some of the f**kwits who write for that rag. If a bunch of people discover the music of the sublime Patty Griffin through her touring with Plant’s band, then that’s a damned good thing. I haven’t seen any of this season yet, they’re all on the HD box ready for a marathon session when I can ffwd through the less interesting stuff.
    Wish I’d got tickets for Arcade Fire at the O2 when they went on sale, though…

organic355
    Free Member

I agree about adele, I am not her greatest fan (or anything in the charts for that matter), but she was amazing on Jools.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘jools holland this week’ is closed to new replies.