Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Jon venables back in custody for breaching conditions
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Bad egg…..

20thebear
    Free Member

Did someone mention leopards changing spots?

clubber
    Free Member

I sense a stw lynch mob forming..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Guess you are right clubber

Retired Detective Superintendent Albert Kirby, who led the murder inquiry, said he was surprised Venables was back behind bars.

He added: "I've always thought, with regards to that particular boy, that from what we've heard over the years there was every possibility he would have avoided going back into prison."

He can be recalled to prison for a very minor or petty crime. Murderers on parole ( as he was) have been recalled to prison and served years more for such things as shoplifting and driving offences.

20thebear
    Free Member

He knows the rules the same as you and I.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Once you've made one cockup you make damn sure you never make another, and he's onld enough to realise that now. I struggle to care.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Fair point TJ – but given the situation, would you not make extra effort to avoid any sort of breach, I know I would however petty it may seem

twosheds
    Free Member

For what its worth… I remember speaking to a teacher that taught JV. All the warning signs were there.

tails
    Free Member

Strange timing really, as BBC 1 were showing a scene in their drama "five days" that would certainly remind many of those two murder children. Perhaps the lad watched it.

tails
    Free Member

If i recall correctly the boys started doing things such as killing frogs/hedgehogs so perhaps the police feel any crime they commit needs extra vigilance.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

clubber – Member
    I sense a stw lynch mob forming..

Leave that to the other slags on his wing.

Northwind

I'd be interested to find out what he did. Just out of nosiness obviously.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Who knows what he has done. It could be petty crime it could be serious. It could be non criminal act altogether such as going to Liverpool.

What is clear is that this shows that the parole system is working as intended.

These boys were not "freed" but remain under parole for the rest of their lives

Edit – before I am accused of it I am not defending him in any way nor passing any judgement on what has happened now.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Out of interest TJ, and because youre theonly person I know who has professional knowledge, how does it work when it comes to relationships/starting a family etc… Is it disclosed?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

M6TTF – I don't know – its not really my sort of thing. I know a little about working in the judicial system but as a nurse.

M6TTF
    Free Member

So many peple must be involved in him living a lie. Presumably he was given employment, what is his employer told when he doesn't turn up for work, his family (god forbid he's ever been allowed to start one) it must be so time consuming and expensive to keep them secret only for him to mess up and put it all down the pan

waste of my hard earned…

yunki
    Free Member

I'm glad in a way.. it will keep the crazy eyed machiavellian mob from baying for blood for a moment or two.. and it shows that the system is functioning in a satisfactory manner..

cranberry
    Free Member

Whatever he has done, it is serious enough that they decided to destroy the new identity that they've built for him.

I have as few facts as TJ, but can imagine that he hasn't been scrumping apples.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Just emphasises my point of a huge waste of tax layers coffers – once a bad egg….

I am a compassionate person but in my lifetime that case has effected me more than any other I've read about, I feel myself getting upset and angry just thinking about it – maybe as I have a young child and the thought of what they did happening to him is….. Well need I say more.

yunki
    Free Member

and what if your child was the perpetrator?

oldgit
    Free Member

yunki
    That's a worrying comment, it implies you would want to protect your kid if he or she was a child killer rather than march them straight to the nick and let them swing.

duckman

It shows he IS being monitored,I find that reassuring.

yunki
    Free Member

I'm not really implying THAT oldgit..
    I'd be more than happy for the little sod to be out of my hands and into the hands of the judicial system…

I think all that I'm trying to say is that kids are effing 'orrible little blighters at times.. watch them in any playground in any school in any country..
    and I personally believe that Bulgers killers were just 'orrible little boys who didn't know where the boundaries were.. not really their fault and probably quite easily fixed under the right circumstances..

leopards changing spots?
    bad eggs?
    they were little kids and were still learning the ropes.. they obviously had bad teachers..

give them a chance.. and the alarmist stuff about JV 'probably having done something awful'.. it's really not very likely at all.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I think all that I'm trying to say is that kids are effing 'orrible little blighters at times.. watch them in any playground in any school in any country..

Yup, killing each other left right and centre. 🙄

Give them a chance? They were given a chance, they were released under observation and couldn't stop themselves from doing something wrong again. Not the sort of person I wan't wandering the streets.

And to the person above who knows JVs teacher – why didn't they raise the point at a higher level, if all the warning signs were there?

yunki
    Free Member

good job they aren't wandering the streets then innit!!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

He could have been recalled for something very minor – we just don't know. Murderers on license have been recalled and served years more for both shoplifting and for minor driving offences

coffeeking
    Free Member

good job they aren't wandering the streets then innit!!

That was our point, yours was that kids in general are unpleasant.

He could have been recalled for something very minor – we just don't know. Murderers on license have been recalled and served years more for both shoplifting and for minor driving offences

Stuck record TJ. I don't care how minor it is, everyone gets a chance to make mistakes, if you keep making mistakes you need further correction.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Anybody see the nasty piece of work reviewing the papers on Sky News this morning? "Louisa" something…

She didn't see why money needed to be spent on protecting Venables' identity. She thought that a lynch mob forming and killing him (presumably after a bit of torture) would be perfectly O.K. because "After all, it's only 30 years ago that we had the death penalty"…

hora
    Free Member

Grils at work were saying 'poor fella, he'll be in a adult prison and they'll be out to get him'. As in they see him as some young boy still. I imagine hes grown into a bigger version of what he was.

At 10yrs old I used to hurt spiders, we had the odd lad growing up who used to stab people with metal compass and burn with matches etc. They were nasty pieces of work. I can imagine these lads would have gone onto eviler things.

coffeeking
    Free Member

At 7 I was able to realise that hurting spiders wasn't nice. I was able to realise that stabbing people with compasses was wrong (but funny at times) but pretty much harmless to large things like humans, everyone did it for a chuckle.

They have clearly been brought up badly to be like that, though some would say it's an inbuilt thing (I dont know, im no psychologist). Either way I think locking them up is the right thing to do and if they're that damaged by 10 I can't see much in the way of correction going on, most kids only get more viscious and unpleasant from that point on as fewer and fewer people have influence over them.

roper
    Free Member

Yup, killing each other left right and centre

There is a certain amount of truth in this.
    The most aggressive and violent time of a normal healthy person's life is during their infancy or early childhood. Just think about the terrible two's,with shouting, kicking or biting. If an adult behaved so explosively and violently they would be locked up.
    Most children are taught and naturally develop to learn to control their anger and violence as their brain develops.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Coffeeking – you miss the point. We simply do not know why he has been recalled and it could have been for something minor. We just don't know.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

It was mentioned on the news that Venables (could of been Thompson) was given a special dispensation to join the Army, the implication of that when an already vicious murderer being trained to kill somewhat contradicts the whole being out on parole for his crime. I suppose Jamie Bulgars Mother is glad he is behind bars though.

DezB
    Free Member

We simply do not know why he has been recalled and it could have been for something minor.

Something minor PLUS the vicious murder of a small child.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Something minor PLUS the vicious murder of a small child.

Which is a very good point.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

News reports are implying that he could have been recalled for a "serious" offence, and that he'll be in the adult justice system for the first time. That'll make a change from the young persons system that he'll have been in previously.

From what the home sec said Venables was apparently recalled last week, so they've delayed letting the public know presumably to avoid every new youngish prisoner last week being attacked with boiling water & sugar mixture.

ex-pat
    Free Member

Well, after blowing a few hours reading that other thread on here about catching criminals in the act – and generally the plod not doing munch about it, good show that they've put this chap back behind bars.
    I only hope it was for attempting to nick a bike.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

could be petty crime it could be serious.

It doesn't have to be any crime. His case manager could just not like his bevaiour, eg excessive drinking or unexplained absences from work. release under licence is not parole, you are still technically (as i understand it) subject to prison sentence and so can be recalled at any time and for any reason.

SaxonRider

TandemJeremy – Member
    Who knows what he has done. It could be petty crime it could be serious. It could be non criminal act altogether such as going to Liverpool.

Can I just add that, although I don't think it should necessarily be criminal for people to visit Liverpool, I would still make it indictable on the grounds of it not being very smart.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It doesn't have to be any crime. His case manager could just not like his bevaiour, eg excessive drinking or unexplained absences from work. release under licence is not parole, you are still technically (as i understand it) subject to prison sentence and so can be recalled at any time and for any reason.[/]
    I don't think it's a case of his case manager just 'not liking his behaviour'. I believe it'll be a case of him breaching a licence condition somewhere along the line.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Jon venables back in custody for breaching conditions’ is closed to new replies.