Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Joblesstrackworld – signing off
  • trailmonkey

Hah, after two thoroughly depressing months out of work , I’m back to the world on Monday. I’m sure some will be gald that my own particular brand of semi coherent trollish mumbling on here will now be limited. On the plus side, those mumblings will now be sponsored by my new employer when i do find time to post 😉

Good luck to everyone still searching, keep the faith, don’t let it get you down.

If I’ve got one piece of advice to anyone looking for work, it would be to make yourself look as good as you possibly can on paper. I can’t believe the immediate impact a differently formatted CV made to my prospects.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

nice one

yunki
    Free Member

well done mate..

Well that reduces the Dartmoor Gentlemen of Leisure Club’s numbers somewhat.. selfish if you ask me.. 😐

What happened yesterday then..? What trail did the Hemlock break on..? Not the Nutcracker I’m guessing or you’d be posting from hospital and certainly not fit for work Monday…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Excellent news trailmonkey 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Good news tm. Congrats. We’ll miss the daytime banter. I’ll send you a copy of the Big Book of Bollocks and The Guardian Style Guide for those workplace toilet times 🙂

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Well done

donsimon
    Free Member

Excellent news. 😀

epicsteve
    Free Member

Good news, well done!

trailmonkey

thanks all, i know the internet isn’t supposed to, but it actually means a lot. *feels all warm and fuzzy*

@yunki,
    i was on top of bowermans when i noticed, but i’d been in the bovey valley all morning, so i don’t want to think where it might have happened. rocker plate cracked clean through 😯

i’m based at heathfield so might still be able to do teatime rides from b.t during the week, if i can drag myself away from my responsibilities. i’m a high flying management type now don’t you know 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

i’m a high flying management type now don’t you know

😯

*adds The Big Book of Bollocks Part Two to the dispatch list*

Are you able to say what you’ll be doing roughly like?

trailmonkey

*adds The Big Book of Bollocks Part Two to the dispatch list*

yep i’ll be needing that and hoping that you’re working on vol 3.

Are you able to say what you’ll be doing roughly like?

i’ve got to recruit and manage a team of couriers and a fleet of vans, to act as a kind of super agency for the main playing delivery companies. regular agency drivers just aren’t trained or motivated enough to be as productive as the companies’ own staff drivers are, so holiday and sickness see a real dip in productivity. we’ll supply experienced, well rewarded drivers that can offer a higher level of productivity.

i only answered an advert for a few weeks courier work while i was waiting for a crb check to come through on another job. when i told the guy that i’d already had the ‘super agency’ idea and subsequently went into a trailmonkeyesque, 10 minute monologue on why, how, when and what should be done, i thought that he was going to think ‘what a twunt’ and boot me out. instead he pondered my cv for a while and asked if i’d consider running the thing 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

yep i’ll be needing that and hoping that you’re working on vol 3.

🙂

Never have much trouble coming up with enough to to fill another volume.

Great stuff though – keeps the wolves from the door, and a bit more too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Joblesstrackworld – signing off’ is closed to new replies.