Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Job Interview Question – asking the money question
  • br
    Free Member

As its a graduate job, wait for the offer letter.

No point asking out-of-turn, nor the wrong person.

Is it public or private sector?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Phone them up before the interview and see if its even worth turning up.

You're only a student for a bit longer so there's no point wasting valuable drinking time is there. 😀

tonyg2003

BigJohn you have it right. At first graduate interview time, unless you have some un-imaginably unique set of skill that are in demand (pretty unlikely at the moment) – the cards are with the employers. You should wait until being asked in an interview, until prompted or at first offer. Once you have an offer negotiate as far as you can push it (you'll never have a better oppertunity). Once you are up the greasy pole with experience and hopefully a good track record then you can play hardball with salary negotiations or turn down jobs out of hand due to insufficient pay, but not at the first stage.

Drac

Anybody noticed that all the people who have genuine experience in recruiting say "don't ask" but plenty of people are still telling you its a good idea to?

Anyone notice that he has missed those that have experience in recruiting and said it's perfectly fine.

allyharp

In the end I just asked him what the benefits were at the end, on the way out of the official interview. He just repeated the "competitive salary" splurge so I left it there.

Ewan
    Free Member

Just ask at the end when they say any questions. Perfectly resonable question.

allyharp

I'd get it in well early. Just after " is there any decent badger in the office ? "

Based on one of my interviewers yesterday, this question didn't really need to be asked! 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Job Interview Question – asking the money question’ is closed to new replies.