Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Job App deadlines
  • Oggles
    Free Member

If you had missed a deadline for a job application, would you still apply? How long after the deadline? Say you saw the posting a day after, would you still apply bearing in mind having to send off a CV and examples of work, so it would reach them maybe 3 days late.

Anyone who looks at job applications, do you consider late applications at all?

I think it's worth doing, what are others thoughts? Am I wasting my time? (and money printing off copies of my portfolio)

Alphabet

What's it going to cost? A stamp? Just send it off as you never know. Good luck.

jam-bo

phone them up and ask them.

Alphabet

What's it going to cost? A stamp? Just send it off as you never know. Good luck.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I'm sure that it will be fine – just tell 'em that 'punctuality' isn't your strong point.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Depends very much what for but normally it would be a waste of time. Phone 'em to see if they would accept a late application before you spend any time on it.

midlifecrashes

We normally do our shortlisting meeting an hour or so after the stated deadline (we give a date and time). Best you could do is ring and ask.

Philby

No harm in ringing – if its a private company they will have more flexibility about the recruitment process than say a public sector organisation.

Also they may not appoint from the existing candidates – I've seen three examples of this in the last month – and therefore may need to go through readverstising process.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Job App deadlines’ is closed to new replies.