Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Jeremy Hunt – P45?
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

He’ll not be enjoying the evidence from James Murdoch at the Leveson Inquiry today.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Alex Salmond could be in for some heat too.

higgo
    Free Member

Alex Salmond could be in for some heat too.

Oh please.
    Nothing to do with any views on Scottish nationalism (I am broadly ambivalent unless anyone can tell me how it affects me/mine) I find him an odious little ****.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Yep he’s a Copeless little Hunt. But it takes more than that to get done in politics, cos it doesn’t have anything to do with him boning anyone.

Then he’d be in trouble.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Whats the dirt on Salmond?

Edit – i see it. does anyone seriously think him lobbying Westminster in favour of Murdoch would actually acheive anything? No one at Westminster owes Salmond any favours indeed the can’t stand him

boxfish
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kL1nxsIfsrU[/video]

Macavity
    Free Member

Just settling into TEAMSKY as well….
    http://www.teamsky.com/profile/0,27291,17543_6637941,00.html

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Hasn’t the Sky lobbyist just admitted he hadn’t actually dealt with/spoken to Mr Hunt? I suspect an ‘advisor’ is going to take the full brunt of this one….

CaptJon
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Whats the dirt on Salmond?

Edit – i see it. does anyone seriously think him lobbying Westminster in favour of Murdoch would actually acheive anything? No one at Westminster owes Salmond any favours indeed the can’t stand him

Apparently when he ‘fully disclosed’ communication with New International he failed to include the emails released today.

CaptJon
    Free Member

breatheeasy – Member
    Hasn’t the Sky lobbyist just admitted he hadn’t actually dealt with/spoken to Mr Hunt? I suspect an ‘advisor’ is going to take the full brunt of this one….

If he is worth his salt, Adam Smith will have kept something tasty that will protect him from the full force of the government’s attempt to blame him for everything.

kimbers

cameron has full confidence in hunt, the same way he did with liam fox, andy coulson, that backtowork fraudster woman

(and theresa may after the immigration thing and again after the qatada thing- even though she admitted she didnt hvae any written or e-proof that she’d checked the extradition date)

murdoch is really sticking the knife in, im sure that the hunt emails might have come to light eventually and it does make him look very compromised but there was no need to remind us all that cameron had xmas dinner with the brooks and that they discussed the bskyb takeover as an aside

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oh thats a bit naughty from Salmond Captjon.

Hunt is a dead duck tho

CaptJon
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    cameron has full confidence in hunt, the same way he did with liam fox, andy coulson, that backtowork fraudster woman

The trouble in this situation is Cameron gave Hunt the job of overseeing the BSkyB deal. It will reflect poorly on DC to sack Hunt. The government has already started the narrative pointing the finger at Adam Smith (see Channel 4 News interview with John Whittingdale MP). That is the obvious thing to do, but this story isn’t over. If Hunt goes he’ll resign (forced/asked).

sas
    Free Member

The trouble in this situation is Cameron gave Hunt the job of overseeing the BSkyB deal. It will reflect poorly on DC to sack Hunt.

It reflects badly on him whatever he does, don’t forget Hunt only came in after Vince Cable was ditched for supposedly being biased against the takeover.

kimbers

according to newsnight jeremy hunts own website called him a ‘cheerleader for murdoch’ how the **** did cameron get away with replacing cable with him!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Hmmm…an interesting Newsnight for sure. Wonder what Galloway is going to say?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Cos he is thick and corrupt and thinks the rest of us are thick

rogerthecat
    Free Member

The list of possible recipients of money from Murdoch sounds like a who’s who.
    Ironically the Levison enquiry reports to Hunt as he’s the Minister in charge – better than a Carry on Film!

higgo
    Free Member

I’m not thick but I could be corrupted.

kimbers

haha jacob rees-mogg (could they have found a more upper class torry) just said you cant trust the evidence at levenson because it came from a pr man and you cant trust them……..

rogerthecat
    Free Member

haha jacob rees-mogg (could they have found a more upper class torry) just said you cant trust the evidence at levenson because it came from a pr man and you cant trust them……..

as a “pr man” I object to that comment, in fact I object to Jacob Rees-Mogg completely and utterly.

Lifer
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

(and theresa may after the immigration thing and again after the qatada thing- even though she admitted she didnt hvae any written or e-proof that she’d checked the extradition date)

And Molotov Maude!

For easy reference I use the:

David Cameron confidence indicator

kimbers

thats ace lifer

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I expect there are quite a few politicians sleeping badly tonight and again tomorrow. Was GG correct in claiming that this was a last hurrah for the Murdoch’s as they prepare to leave the UK press? If so, could well be some scorched earth policy.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

haha jacob rees-mogg (could they have found a more upper class torry) just said you cant trust the evidence at levenson because it came from a pr man and you cant trust them……

Cameron is a PR man 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

If so, could well be some scorched earth policy.

I certainly hope so! Who fancies toasting some marshmallows?

Bazz

Scorch away i say, they’ve got bugger all on me.

kimbers

I’m sure that’s why he kept repeating it TJ -maybe he’s sensing the murdochs circling in on the cabinet and getting his daggers in early
    it would be nice to get the times back as a proper paper

kimbers

so hunts advisor has fallen on his sword

enough to save his boss?

DrJ

so hunts advisor has fallen on his sword

enough to save his boss?

Not if the boss has a shred of decency or integrity.

So yes – should be more than enough.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You cynic DrJ 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

DrJ – Member

“so hunts advisor has fallen on his sword

enough to save his boss?”

Not if the boss has a shred of decency or integrity.

So yes – should be more than enough.

😆

billysugger
    Free Member

Are there any good Jeremys out there now that Beadle’s gone?

Vine
    Clarkson
    Kyle

Call your son Jeremy, give him a false sense of self-worth it seems.

DrJ

Are there any good Jeremys out there now that Beadle’s gone?

Well, there’s me and TJ, for a start!!

kimbers

I like the way murdoch was positioning brown as his enemy at levenson today claiming that brown had been irrational and unfairly attacking notw, implying that murdoch was therefore siding with the torries.
    Once more building on the narrative established by his son yesterday that NI and cameron had a very cosy relationship.

a bit too conspiratorial? I dont think so, murdoch feels scorned and hes a shrewd and canny player his last act in the british press will be to bring down cameron….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNO6pAJBCs4[/video]

binners

Can you imagine the people bricking it about Rupes testimony. He really does know where the bodies are buried. If he felt like it, I’m sure he could take down pretty much all of ‘the Establishment’

kimbers

i was thinking that binners I imagine there are some very scared people right now

you dont spend 30 + years hacking phones, from the royals down (it all started with squidgygate) and not get some serious cards to stash up your sleeve

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Dead in the water for sure. I give him a week. Cameron is shitting himself as well – already been caught out lying a couple of times.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Jeremy Hunt – P45?’ is closed to new replies.