Viewing 40 posts - 9,121 through 9,160 (of 21,377 total)
  • Jeremy Corbyn
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

many a true word spoken in jest

Why would it be said in “jest”? 😕

Anyone who’s read my posts on the subject would know that until Corbyn became leader I was one the most outspoken critics of the Labour Party on here.

I have clearly stated that from 1995 until 2015 I did not support the Labour Party. I very recently commented, on this thread actually, that I feel hugely uncomfortable about voting Labour and only do so because “it’s the right thing to do”, not because I want to. I certainly don’t trust the vast bulk of Labour politicians – the ones I do are just a small minority.

What’s that got to with whether the Guardian cares or is committed to the Labour Party ?

There is no evidence that the Guardian has any commitment to the Labour Party, as you seem to suggest. 6 years ago it was urging its readers to vote LibDem not Labour, and in past decades it has supported the SDP and the Liberal Party – in direct opposition to the Labour Party.

In contrast Corbyn has been tirelessly supporting and fighting for the Labour Party for decades. As far as I am aware he has never supported any party other than Labour.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

In contrast Corbyn has been tirelessly supporting and fighting for the Labour Party for decades.

Truly said in jest. Masterful…..Much funnier than ninfan’s joke!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

EDIT : Actually I’ll leave that typical THM patronizing comment ^^ without a response.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Whoosh

Don’t get all serious on us now Ernie. Your humour is much better at just past midnight…

(and I had to drive tonight so am sober as a judge. )

Edit for edit: shame….

bencooper
    Free Member

In contrast Corbyn has been tirelessly supporting and fighting for the Labour Party for decades

FTFY 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ernie I was making my own point that Corbyn and the Corbyn-istas are very different from what they claim to be.

nah you were using rare exemplars to pretend they were reflective of an entire party.
    TBH having to listen to you ,who played the race card on Brexit and fuelled the racists, lecture others on racism is beyond irony and into deep hypocrisy mixed with deep dishonesty

6000 reported is meaningless – I could report your post to the mods – it is not reflective of anything meaningful

All sides have racist nobbers and sexist
    Only a moron or a RW extremist could argue that it is not the RW who are most associated with racism and sexism [ or tradition if you prefer] than the Left wing. Its a view utterly at odds with the facts hence why its your view

tjagain

Is this still going on? Jeepers!

Ernie / Junkyard I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability, and I want you to know that we are with you

jambalaya
    Free Member

My thoughts exactly. When will Corbyn see his position is utenable. He doesn’t have enough MPs to form a working shadow cabinet even picking those like him with zero experience of a (shadow) ministerial role

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes apparently we have to wait until just before the two Labour Party conferences to find out which unsuitable candidate is chosen. bizarre isn’t it? At least the nasty Tories get it over and done wih quickly”

Ernie / Junkyard I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability, and I want you to know that we are with you

I feel for the poor dead horse, enough flogging by now surely. Let him rest in peace. Cruelty…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I wonder how Sadiq Khan feels about all this?

binners

Well given that he kept a handy barge pole with him during his entire campaign, just in case the beardy one showed up unannounced, I doubt his opinion has changed much for the better.

*awaits Ernie posting a picture of them both within the same postcode to show some kind of comradely solidarity*

tjagain

Jamba – what I was referring to was the tripe being posted by you and your ilk and the patient well thought out rebuttals from Ernie and Junkyard.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😀

Nipper99
    Free Member

What ilk is that then TJ?

tjagain

True – there is no one quite as divorced from reality as jamba! ( maybe the invisible THM) But its the rightwingers who neither grasp the issues nor have any insight.

binners

BLASPHEMERS!!!!!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIaORknS1Dk[/video]

😀

theauthorities
    Free Member

so very
    unoriginal
    and
    boring

Nipper99
    Free Member

What special ‘insight’ is that then TJ?

theauthorities
    Free Member

the patient well thought out rebuttals from Ernie and Junkyard.

yes but
    ant
    and
    dec

Junkyard
    Free Member

I feel for the poor dead horse, enough flogging by now surely. Let him rest in peace. Cruelty

Stop trolling then and it can

Essentially this thread , ith the odd exception DAzH for example , is just RW troll bots stating they dont like left wingers and then clutching at tenuous straws to “prove” their bias- oh and THMS side splitting funny jokes
    Its not a debate its not even pretending to be one as a glance at any page will show
    I suspect the mods only allow it as it keeps all the usual suspects in one place

Jamby moaning about racism is priceless though
    I might moan about spelling or copying and pasting 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

binners – Member

Well given that he kept a handy barge pole with him during his entire campaign, just in case the beardy one showed up unannounced, I doubt his opinion has changed much for the better.

*awaits Ernie posting a picture of them both within the same postcode to show some kind of comradely solidarity*

You mean this one ?

Well here is another, different time different place same “postcode” apparently.

I’m amazed that you still maintain this completely made up nonsense binners that Sadiq Khan was well known to Londoners and that they didn’t vote for him simply because he was the official Labour Party candidate.

Most Londoners knew absolutely nothing about Sadiq Khan other than Cameron said he backed terrorists and that Corbyn supported him.

PMQs: David Cameron brings up Sadiq Khan’s extremist links

Jeremy Corbyn delivered his best performance as leader of the opposition today, questioning David Cameron on why all schools will have to become academies. He skilfully exploited Tory splits over the issue. The relative silence from the Tory benches did nothing to shake the impression that this is a policy in trouble; which is a pity given that too many local authorities continue to exert a negative influence on education.

But the most heated moment of the session came later when Cameron started talking about Sadiq Khan having shared a platform with extremists. When Cameron said that the Labour candidate for Mayor of London had shared a platform nine times with Suliman Gani – who has said awful thing about homosexuals – the Labour benches became outraged. Someone shouted ‘racist’.

Of course they might of also heard Lord Sugar’s claims that Sadiq Khan “single-handedly ruined” the Labour Party :

Lord Sugar launches blistering attack on Sadiq Khan for single-handedly ruining Labour

The billionaire businessman accused Mr Khan of being personally responsible for wrecking the Labour Party as Lord Sugar branded the City Hall favourite and Jeremy Corbyn the “Laurel and Hardy” of politics.

Nipper99
    Free Member

The problem is that anyone who doesn’t happen to share your view is accused of trolling. There’s no debate because your position is unsustainable and you know it and you fall into the category of just repeating ad nauseum your navel gazing left wing mantras that failed so spectacularly in the 1970s and 1980 and are now history.

The thing is I am or was a centre left Labour voter (sometimes Plaid)and I don’t see anything about JC that would ever convince me to vote Labour again – he is breathtakingly naïve (his comments about honouring NATO treaty obligations last week must have had Putin rubbing his hands in glee – I thought Kevin Pork was a work of fiction but perhaps not as is now JC/Momentum policy).

I want to be convinced but generally being accused of not having some sort of mythical insight is quite offensive. So come on – convince me.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Nipper, it’s not hard to see who is the keener (desperate?) to suppress debate here and jn the real world and why. But how can you have serious debate when the subject matter is so ridiculous? That’s why it’s important to retain a SoH. Has the Frimge ended yet?

Still given the proximity of Sadiq and Jezza shown in Ernies nice photos this might be interesting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37146729

But it is from the biased BBC and so probably the quotes are made up completely.

tjagain

NIpper – I wasn’t referring to you as I made clear. I haven’t seen your posts on this thread due to not reading all the pages so I don’t know if you understand the issues or not.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Still given the proximity of Sadiq and Jezza shown in Ernies nice photos this might be interesting

“21 August 2016” That is a considerable period of time after the London mayoral election 🙄

TopTip (because it pains me) “But it is from the biased BBC and so probably the quotes are made up completely.” Sarcasm works best when it is actually funny.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Even more time to form an opinion then Ernie. Is he a fan?

Nipper – have you had your understanding checked first before entering the thread? You may not qualify… 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Even more time to form an opinion then Ernie. Is he a fan?

So he’s joined the plotters and is no different to 80% of Labour MPs, where’s the surprise ?

And what has that got to do with binners ridiculous claim that Sadiq Khan won the mayoral election because he was opposed to Corbyn?

Did Londoners all have crystal balls that could see what Sadiq Khan would be saying on 21 August 2016 ffs?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sadiq’s comments where published today by the Observer so we can discount them as they where (delete as appropriate) from a Blairite/Red Tory/Biased Media

Corbyn has made it his life’s work to disagree with the Labour Party. As such I am not remotely surprised to see how this is panning out. Saddened yes but not surprised

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

So he’s joined the plotters and is no different to 80% of Labour MPs, where’s the surprise ?

There is none. He has been much closer to Jezza than either of us and formed his own opinion.

And what has that got to do with binners ridiculous claim that Sadiq Khan won the mayoral election because he was opposed to]Corbyn?

Nothing, why are you bringing it up? Khan made his comments today. As you said, the mayoral election was quite a while ago.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Nothing, why are you bringing it up? Khan made his comments today. As you said, the mayoral election was quite a while ago.

You’re even dafter than I thought…..it’s YOU who brought it up and tried to connect the two ! 😆

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37146729

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Indeed, they have close experience of each other – daft I know – and hence, as historians might suggest, a source who might have current and interesting insight. And back to what he said (or is reported to have said 😉 ) any comment or just “no surprise”?

Junkyard
    Free Member

The problem is that anyone who doesn’t happen to share your view is accused of trolling

You really want to maintain the RW on here are not just taking the piss and posting nonsense- granted the LW are returning the favour – most of this “debate” is risible
    For example

Corbyn has made it his life’s work to disagree with the Labour Party.

Well as he has been a member for what 50 years and ended up leading them…. he is even shitter than can be imagined then.

FFS stop making shit up

This is what I call trolling -its patent nonsense

Its reasonable to say he has not always agreed with the leadership, that he has been a rebel , sometimes on the fringes of the party or something factual the evidence supports but that is risible gibberish of the lowermost order as per from him.

I don’t see anything about JC that would ever convince me to vote Labour again – he is breathtakingly naïve (his comments about honouring NATO treaty obligations last week must have had Putin rubbing his hands in glee

So you dont prefer world peace then?
    Stop pretending he said something he did not.

Yes the only thing stopping Putin right now is what Corbyn says and now he will invade Poland or something…good point well made 🙄

I do agree that JC does say some daft things as he is not good at soundbites and the media then misrepresent what he actually said to mean something he never said. FOlk then swallow this then claim its true – its like the EU repeat the lies often enough and folk just start believing it even when its not true – unelected bureaucrats being a great example

yunki
    Free Member

Ok… So I’m theoretically willing to entertain the notion that JC’s detractors may be correct..

Maybe they’re not terrified of the positive effect that Corbyn’s political ideologies will have on society, and maybe they’re not spouting claptrap in an effort to derail his cause..
    (I actually doubt this very much, and happen to believe that they and their supporters are morally reprehensible spineless toads with ugly agendas)

But what we have certainly been gifted with in JC, is a legitimate protest vote for the silent majority that are finally being stirred into action..
    The proposition that there could be an alternative to the greed and corruption of the establishment..
    Whilst there hasn’t been much point in anyone with nothing to lose engaging with politics for the last few decades.. suddenly the silent majority, the real working class, have been shown a glimpse of something more palatable…

Stuff your moronic middle class canutes worrying about their annual car upgrades, and stuff the rabid right wing moaning about imaginary immigrants taking their imaginary jobs…
    The silent majority see right into your blackened cry-baby souls, and are ready to give you the little push required to tip you over the edge… To gently herd you into the abyss and consign your outdated sense of pride and esteem to the history books where it belongs

The evolved are about to stand up

Nipper99
    Free Member

Of course I would prefer world peace but i’m not naïve enough to think it can be achieved. As the first duty of government is the defence of the realm …….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4zaNJnpLOQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

ninfan
    Free Member

Ernie, they are the before photos.

The approved version now looks like this:

(For those of you who don’t get the context: http://www.tc.umn.edu/~hick0088/classes/csci_2101/false.html )

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

theauthorities – Member
    so very
    unoriginal
    and
    boring

what was
    the name
    of
    your previous

(By the way, you’re trying a little bit too hard at the silly ee cummings-esque mode of typing. I’m sure it’s all part of your new nom de plume’s ‘character’ but it’s very silly.)

yunki
    Free Member

yes it’s very silly..

The esteemed tastemaker CFH has decreed it so you must cease immediately 🙄

what a dick

Junkyard
    Free Member

As the first duty of government is the defence of the realm …….

world peace is no way to get that and what we need to do is threaten everyone with nukes…a quick look at the world and the middle east tells us that our current MO is a great way of achieving safety for this realm.

We should invade a few more countries as well just to be sure

5thElefant
    Free Member

I think Sadiq must read the forum. He’s just set the record straight of what he thinks of JC. 😆

ninfan
    Free Member

CFH – There’s one missing character I can think of who had a unique typing style and a deep seated hatred of ‘the authorities’ 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 9,121 through 9,160 (of 21,377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.