Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Jenson USA, is £20 the max before charges?
  • Wally

I have used the search function, but answers vary from £20 to £50.
    I cried a bit once when I spent £27 and got £15 on charges, handling and tax from the USA. Old cutter (AUS) order sailed through.

What is the score? Basket could be £12 or £37.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Luck!

scaredypants

Jenson use fedex, who IME will charge you a tenner, plus a bit of VATty type stuff

Wally

Even if less than £20?

bonesetter
    Free Member

Very small items seem to pass through without charge I have found.

Items valued $43 max also pass through

FedEx are uber efficient and look at everything, but are also uber quick – 4 days from US posting to a FedEx driver calling at your door – truly incredible

to be stung on such a low value item is really a POS

Curly68
    Free Member

I thought it was £18 before charges but then I have had a frame from the states which sailed through, and some little parts which I got charged £13 for! Seems like it is pot luck.
    Have another frame coming from the states, so will see what happens with that.

jamie@balfa
    Free Member

Bonesetter – why is it a POS?

You ordered it from Jenson because it was cheaper, this is because the shipping, taxes & UK distributor margins havent been taken into account.

Cant have cake and eat it

J

bonesetter
    Free Member

It's a POS when you get stung on a SS cog which cost $20.

The said item was unavailable here and cost price was expensive to begin with… go figure

It wasn't from Jenson btw

Northwind

Luck, basically, I've ordered a lot of stuff that was officially taxable over the years and just a couple of bits were taxed/dutied. The only part I take issue with is the high Parcel Force handling charge, other than that it's lucky to escape it and fair play if you don't.

I don't know if it's an Internet Fact or actually true but a lot of people do say you're more likely to get charged with Fedex. Jenson offer you a choice though so I took the regular postal one.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Jenson USA, is £20 the max before charges?’ is closed to new replies.