• This topic has 21 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by alanl.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Jeez! Now it's Garry Shandling.
  • SaxonRider

66 and dead of a massive heart attack. What is going on? 😯

With all the rest of them, may he rest in peace.

Pigface
    Free Member

Sad news made me laugh 🙁

eddiebaby
    Free Member

And that is why we need punctuation.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

A genius perhaps but an odd one, hadn’t seemed to be around for ages. The interview he did with Ricky Gervais put me off him for good. Perhaps too like Larry?

rOcKeTdOg

66 and dead of a massive heart attack. What is going on?

Normal life cycles but with everyone now holding an electronic device connected to social media?

mrblobby
    Free Member

What is going on?

It’ll be those lizards again 🙄

RIP Garry.

Pigface
    Free Member

eddiebaby good point well made

scotroutes

Who is….

Nah, not really.

I remember him as being one of the few American comedians that I actually found funny.

But yeah, with so many celebrities and a worldwide news sharing system the death rate is hardly surprising.

jimjam
    Free Member

SaxonRider

66 and dead of a massive heart attack. What is going on?

He looked so healthy too.

Honestly have no idea who he is, other than someone who had a cameo in Iron Man.

Drac

Yup only when I seen a pic did I recognise him, no idea where from.

There’s another celeb died too if someone wants to get that one up.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

What is going on?

People die? Been happening for quite a while now.

When did STW turn into the obits?

SaxonRider

People die? Been happening for quite a while now.

When did STW turn into the obits?

Alright, so it’s too late to edit my original post, and I shouldn’t have ended it with such a melodramatic question.

That said, the last 12 months seem to have seen an inordinate number of deaths of relatively well-known men between 65 and 75. And in light of the fact that life expectancy in the West exceeds this, it is entirely reasonable to be surprised by it. Furthermore, I don’t think electronic media has much to do with it, as it is precisely the sort of news that would have made the papers back in the day.

But I know that you all knew this, so don’t be such contrary gits.

Kryton57

It’s a cull SaxonRider, of people who know things. 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Used to love his show when I was a kid…
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cWbkWTYwTw[/video]

aP
    Free Member

I saw your balls.
    [video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_uqLRkQ7OSA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

+1 Saxon, it seems like a generation of the entertainment industry all dying early, and the stereotypical STW demographic grew up listening too or watching them, and are close enough in age to them to feel uncomfortable and that they’ve gone too soon.

Bongo, there’s been loads of RIP threads in chat. There’s plenty of non-RIP threads so odd that you chose to open and post in something that doesn’t interest you on a sunny bank holiday (though you may well be working lime me).

jimjam
    Free Member

SaxonRider

That said, the last 12 months seem to have seen an inordinate number of deaths of relatively well-known men between 65 and 75. And in light of the fact that life expectancy in the West exceeds this, it is entirely reasonable to be surprised by it.

SaxonRider

What is going on?

donald
    Free Member

It’s not that uncommon for people to die between 65 and 75 though is it?

johnx2
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLTPOevieKs[/video]

mainly Jim Carey in this one, but seems appropriate…

maccruiskeen

That said, the last 12 months seem to have seen an inordinate number of deaths of relatively well-known men between 65 and 75. And in light of the fact that life expectancy in the West exceeds this, it is entirely reasonable to be surprised by it.

But what proportion are they of all relatively well known men over the age of 60?

You need to understand what ‘life expectancy’ means

For a given population, if the life expectancy is, say, 80 years old it doesn’t mean that those people can all expect live to be at least 80 – it means its expected half that population will be dead by 80.

That 50% could have died any time from birth to the eave of their 80th birthday.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I think The Garry Shandling Show was the first time I was really aware of US comedy and probably the start of my fixation with TV and Film.

His part in Getting Coffee In Cars With Comedians is very good:

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/

alanl
    Free Member

Baby boomers are dying off shock.
    If you are too young to know, there was a boom in births after WW2, which carried on for nearly 20 years.
    Of course they are all 60yo+ so reaching their time to depart.
    So many going, is because of the boom in births between 45 and the early 60’s.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Jeez! Now it's Garry Shandling.’ is closed to new replies.