Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Jeez! (car insurance content)
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Midget had it’s renewal through the other week, wen’t up by precisely nothing. Depsite using the breakdown cover every year I’ve had it insured!

MS
    Free Member

I must be lucky. Just bought a Focus ST 225 BHP. Insurance was only £700, which was not much more than I was for a 1.8 2002 diesel focus!

Oh and I am only 21 😀

I guess it has a lot to do with where you live.

Inbred456
    Free Member

RAC wanted 660 this year for a 2.0 tdci mondeo estate 04 plate. Went through money saving expert just renewed with AXA for 300ish. NFU was cheap as well.

cyclehard
    Free Member

I got slightly different circumstances than most of you guys. I stupidly drank 2 pints of lager and drove home in July last year. I was caught and banned for a year which is fair cop. I don’t condone or try to defend what i did and i paid the price!! A years of not being able to drive my car and a hefty fine. Plus at the end of it all, none of the normal insurance companies will go anywhere near me qouting 5K etc etc.

If any of you are in a similar position to me then it will cost you more, there is no doubt about it but you can find it. I’m now with these guys and they came in over 2k cheaper than the rest convicted driver insurance

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

375 for 04 plate Alfa GT 2.0 JTS through AXA

large418
    Free Member

Cheapest on one of the moneysupermarket type sites was £3146 for my (just passed) 17 year old son driving a £2k Fiat Panda 1.1L. Quotes went up to over £7k.
    With 1 years experience it came down to £1400.

No wonder there are so many uninsured drivers.

Taff
    Free Member

Large -that was similar for me when I was looking at a panda. It’s crazy as I bought a 2l 306 turbo diesel and then insured it for a grand! I’m now getting some ebtter quotes although more than last year are better at about 600 with companies like first direct. Still got NFU to go but that’s a phone call which I need to do at some point tonight.

spacemonkey

Just gone with Mini Ins (who cover any car, not just Minis thankfully). Cheaper than what I paid last year with my incumbent More Than of 6-7 years! More Than wanted an extra 50% this year and would only drop a few% after haggling.

cheers_drive

I feel lucky as my insurance only went up by 33% this year to £420 and that was because I changed for a 10 year old Skoda to a 6 year old Audi 2.0. 10 years ago I was paying twice that for a 900cc 10 year old Fiesta that couldn’t do more than 70mph.
    I have no idea how the younger people afford own a car these days.

_tom_
    Free Member

Strange, mine’s still about £450 a year, 22 and 3 years no claims. Must be the area, I can’t remember the last time someone “did a crime” in our village.

Taff
    Free Member

It’s frustrating, we’re both 29 I have 6 years no claims and the other half has 1 years because she has only been driving a year. I’m getting quotes that are half decent now just need to commit to one and hope I don’t have to go through the insurance! Losing my inclusive roadside assistance is the biggest pain though

k-sugden
    Free Member

If you are using confused meerkat.com beware of stupid compulsory excesses I got one quote which looked cheap but had a £1500 excess.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Jeez! (car insurance content)’ is closed to new replies.