Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Jammy so and so moment. Sort of.
  • mrlugz
    Free Member

Having ridden my krampus for a while now and eventually falling in love with it (had some teething problems) I fancy the idea of a full suss 29er.

Consequently I ordered a Giant anthem X1 29er from a LBS.

They delivered a Giant anthem X1 26er…..

When I pointed out there error thy were very apologetic and promised to sort it.

Unfortunately they are unable to supply me the bike I want so have given me some options.

1- full refund
    2- keep it
    3- specialized camber
    4- Whyte m109

I don’t want a camber, so any suggestions?

Candodavid
    Free Member

Refund. Go elsewhere

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Say thanks but no thanks and go elsewhere. Well done for supporting your LBS but when mine (JD cycles) couldn’t find me the road frame I was after I had a conversation with them about going over to the dark side and getting it from a big retailer. If they are indeed a good LBS ( like JD cycles ) then it’s all done with no hard feelings.

mrlugz
    Free Member

What I can’t grasp is how the price difference wasn’t flagged up! You’d think someone would notice a 400 quid ‘discount’.

wrecker
    Free Member

Keep it. Close shave.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

What’s the jammy bit?

shindiggy
    Free Member

^^^^ Was thinking that too

mrlugz
    Free Member

This is the jammy bit.

26er x1 £2400
    29er x1£2000

I also got a discount on the 29er 🙂

emac65
    Free Member

29er’s a much better bike imho.Had a loan of a 26″ Anthem for a fair bit & it’s a decent enough bike..Bought the 29″ version last October & it’s a great bike….

mrlugz
    Free Member

I have had an anthem 26er as my ‘race’ bike for the last 2 years. (By race I mean bike I have stuck numbers on)

I loved it, so figured a 29er would be ideal.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Jammy so and so moment. Sort of.’ is closed to new replies.