• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • I've been Jedi'd!
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

I’ve been riding bikes and loving it since a mojo was just a half penny chew. I’ve never stopped loving bikes, but never got the hang of leaving the ground. I too watched the videos of surly Canadians making it all look both easy and awe inspiring. Having heard so much great feedback about Tony, I booked a training day. It’s hard to find new words about the session that haven’t already been said about 3000 times, but here goes…

I’m a reborn rider, having found grip I could never find in corners before. I have officially found out how to leave the ground, knowing how, why and what to look for…..(little blue dots are are going to appear on all my regular trails) and more importantly I know when not to. I am still unlikely to feature in a high production value movie showcasing my prowess, but after today, I can hold my own, and enjoy my cycling obsession (to be honest it went past a hobby some years ago now) even more.

So even if you think you are happy with the comfort zone your cycling is in, have a day with Tony and have your comfort zone expanded.

Rubber_Buccaneer

You are going to cost me money. Every time I read a post like this I am more determined to book a session. My wheels have barely left the ground since I badly cocked up a jump years ago.

It is a chunk of cash but you and every other report is so good…..

haggis1978

I went to Andy at Ridelines for a private session at Glentress and the same goes for me as well. I’m able to leave the ground now. He had me in the freeride park doing jumps and dropoffs no problem. Definitely worth the money.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Rubber Buccaneer you can’t go wrong with Jedi. He’s a top bloke to.

marsdenman
    Free Member

It is a chunk of cash

<looks up the cost – ah, £180 for a 1-1>
    seems a lot but, lets be honest, a lot of us have spent much more than that on the next ‘make me ride / feel better upgrade’…..
    <goes off to research more ‘up-north’ training options>
    it’ll be Ed or the team at Llandegla I reckon..

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Ed or the team at Llandegla

About 3-4 years ago had a group session at Llandegla with a guy who has gone out on his own now, and on reflection was left a bit uninspired and unfulfilled from the day, Would like to know what there like now as Llandegla is 45min away from me, As much as I would like to be Jedied, Its the travelling I find a problem, over 4 hour drive for me.

Has anyone been to see Ed at great rock as would like some feedback as he was my first option.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@rubber and @flippin

Yes it is a meaningful amount of money but I’d doubt you’d find anyone who thought it wasn’t worthwhile and I suspect you’ll find a whole lot more that would say its the best money they’ve ever spent on biking – that would certainly be my view – for that youll get as much riding as you can manage, its normally the “students” who are calling time on the session. You can also share a session with friends. I appreciate for many it’s a long drive but I’d suggest you stay in a local B&B you want to be well rested as its a very tiring day physically and mentally.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve been Jedi’d as well. On the way down from Nottingham, I thought it was expensive. On the way back, it became really great value for money. After all, as said above, it does more for your riding than a carbon bar or ti shock spring. Is £45 per hour really expensive for someone to turn your riding around in a custom build private facility?

You’d pay that for some surly car mechanic to suck air through his teeth and tell you the parts aren’t available anymore.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I’ve been great rocked. I’m a bit biassed now ‘cos Ed’s been here on holidays and I also run skills weeks with him out here. It improved my riding, especially my cornering, although it took a few months for it all to sink in. I’ve also watched other riders improve massively over the duration of his weekend and week out here. I wrote this straight after his skills course, before he came out here and before I knew him. Great Rock Skills Course

FWIW I’ve also done Dirt School and thought that was good. I’ve also had a few riders who’ve been to Jedi between visits here and I’ve seen their riding improve.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Hey Doug thanks for that, its just the type of riding I want to be doing, improving my flow and take jumps n drops whilst maintaining flow and speed, also learning to read the trail better and cornering at speed, really all that was described and shown in the vid.

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

I was Jedi’d in February this year as part of a group of eight.

Twas good value for money & has definitely improved my riding much more than any bike part upgrades.

I don’t think I’ve ever concentrated on my riding quite as much as I did that day, but I’m definitely faster & more confident now.

Was beneficial to be part of a group as when I ride now with my mates (the ones who were there) we can each point out when we’re doing good/bad technique.

4ndyB
    Free Member

I was Jedi’d last year, a 300 mile round trip

Camped overnight before the session @ the skills area

Well worth the journey and the expense of a 1 to 1 with Tony

I’ll be going again this year I reckon

Gravy
    Free Member

(Tony) the “Jedi” is the man, end of really !

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I know Jedi is in Hertford or thereabouts is there a good pub B&B close by.

jedi

Thanks for the kind words and feedback andy 😀 I am at herts riding and digging until monday. Easter camping rocks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘I've been Jedi'd!’ is closed to new replies.