Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • iTunes "Randomness" Slider…
  • m0nster2
    Free Member

.. or whatever it was called.
    Has it gone? Was there ever one? I'm sure there was.

I smugly told someone at work today, complaining that his ipod didn't seem so random, that there was a 'slider' within iTunes that tuned the 'randomness' of the playback.

Was going to report back tomorrow.
    Can't find it now..

nickc

Dunno if you can select how random it is. Mine seems to "go" for certain artists occasionally though.

sockpuppet

you did used to be able to select it – you are not imagining this.

not sure if you still can.

m0nster2
    Free Member

I thankyou Sockpuppet. My sanity is (kind of) restored 🙂

Still can't win my smug argument though 🙁

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Dunno about a randomness slider, but the genius thingy – whatever track I choose to build a genius play list from it always contains F.E.A.R. by Ian Brown and One Of These Days by Pink Floyd.

samuri
    Free Member

never seen it. IPods need adrenaline sensors though.

You're listening to James Last but you're riding along the flat. You glance over your shoulder and there's three blokes in the very far distance. Itunes genius ramps it up to Whitney. You peg it down a cog and just ever so slightly increase the pedal pressure. Couple of miles later (you're not bothered of course), you look back over your shoulder to confirm you;ve dropped them but they're even closer! BAM!

Your glands push another micrograms of adrenaline in. Instantly the ipod drops Dusty and loads up Pink. You are now sweating. Down your crack. More pressure, another gear. Pink moves over for Queen. You slow for the lights, a quick look under the arm look tells you they're can now smell your fear. Half way through Brighton Rock your ipod loads up Highway to Hell. Your legs are a blur, your vision is rocked by sweat and you are breathing heavier than a fat girl in a cake shop.

Now you're going tits out. It feels like you have no more to give but the sounds of three dura-ace rear mechs dropping down one right behind you makes it all step up to a level you'd never even believed existed.

All you can see is a thin strip of tarmac. All you can hear as the ipod hits the overload function is Keith screaming his way through Diesel Power and all you can feel is Pain. Pain like no other. And then they've passed you. The faint sounds of Song 2 disappear into the distance and you collapse onto the bars. You've been **** good and proper.

Your body responds and lactic acid surges round it. Rick Astley tells you not to bother giving it up but it's too late.

willard

Do people still use mini-disc then?

Rndom used to be me just picking 20-odd EPs from my selection and mixing them together. Those were the days…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘iTunes "Randomness" Slider…’ is closed to new replies.