Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • iTunes – multiple computers & multiple devices
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

We have 2 pc’s and a laptop at home, my wife and son both have ipads and my wife and I both have iphones. At the moment all these devices and machines are using the same itunes account. But I’d like to change that.

Ideally I want to have and itunes account for me, one for my wife and one for my son. Now that’s simple enough I think.

What I’d also like to do is authorise all computers at home to have access to the content on these devices.

Is that possible and just a case of ‘authorising this computer’ in itunes for each account.

In essence can a pc have access to multiple itunes accounts?

xiphon
    Free Member

You can, but it requires a separate Windows login. We both have iPhones, and have separate logins on our PC.

I’m sure it’s only 1x account per ‘device’ though.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Having looked at itunes again I think it might be possible. If I click ‘store>authorise this computer’ it then gives me the option to put another apple id in. Of course I don’t know if that will remove the current id thats on there. Wife and son on holiday (with devices) at the moment so will have a go when they’re back.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I think I’ve sussed it – well a work round anyway. I’ve created a new apple id, which either my wife or son can use on their devices. Then just use one pc as the master library and sign in to each id on that to download whatever is needed. Then just add content to each library.

It’s not like we buy loads of media so should work fine.

Bit clunky but it works.

br
    Free Member

We do same as you, but I’d rather know what my kids are downloading even if I do have to pay for it…

But would you get access to all bought media, across the accounts?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Bit fiddly but I’m getting there. If I leave my old id on my sons account then I know what he’s downloading so thats fine. I’ve created a new account on my iphone which is also working fine, I then need to create a new account on my wifes iphone using her email address.

I’ve left home sharing on my original id between the three computers and my iphone and that’s working too.

If I use one pc as the ‘master’ then it should all work.

Its not perfect but its a workable solution.

This has the added benefit that we can now all use imessage which we couldn’t before.

You would think there would be a way to have sub accounts from a master itunes account.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘iTunes – multiple computers & multiple devices’ is closed to new replies.