Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Its taken years but I've finally had it
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

Came to a stark realisation today which i put firmly down to reducing my medication to zero (been a couple of weeks of reducing to get down to zero a day)……..anyway, i am on a very narrow path to self destruction.

I’m the first to jump to the defence of people in the news complaining about being fat but it’s just a deflection from my own problems.

So from tomorrow (and i expect to land flat on my face)

Eat better, less bread and monster munch
    No fags
    Get out on the bike

I can be and will be a better person……..and hopefully not dead by 40

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Good luck 😛

pedalhead
    Free Member

Good for you. Come back tomorrow & tell us how you get on!

sc-xc

…and then change your name to Boba thin

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

jeez, good luck to you.

I binned the fags again Friday night, and well, this **** gum malarkey doesn’t half taste bad with beer or wine! 😥

crashdummy
    Free Member

Good luck – is it just a Sunday beer talking?

Why wait for tomorrow – you can start eating better today.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Fair play Bobba, all the support I can offer you. Don’t look back and in the times when you can’t be bothered to keep it up and the going gets tough ask for support. Good on you.

ton

i did what you are doing, lost nearly 3 stone too, which was ace………………..only to find out my cloud has a very unsilver lining.

nonk
    Free Member

get amongst it fella.
    just refuse to buy any new clothes for the fat bloke.
    best of luck.

nonk
    Free Member

eh hows that ton?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Good luck sir!

iDave
    Free Member

nice one, good luck…

allthegear
    Free Member

Hey Boba,

Speaking as someone who was heading down a self-destructive path for many years and then, finally, deciding to get life back on track etc etc etc, I’m really happy for you and wish you all the luck in the World to make it happen.

Rachel x

Don’t quit fags and junk food at the same time – one, then the other.

Good luck.

ton

i was heading the same way as bobba.
    heaviest i had ever been, but i managed to lose 2.5 stone.
    started eating better, and got to the fittest i have been for years.

then i got a bad feeling in my chest, turned out being a heart problem.
    heart beating in AF.

now i am fecked and cant ride at all, just hoping all my hard work dont got to rat piss……………..

nonk
    Free Member

hope it pans out ok ton keep the weight off though eh.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Speaking as someone who was heading down a self-destructive path for many years and then, finally, deciding to get life back on track etc etc etc, I’m really happy for you and wish you all the luck in the World to make it happen.

Christ that might be the nicest thing anyone has said to me :sniff:

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Boba, just a word of advice if you’re trying to give up fags AND eat more healthily. You’ll have to get rid of any shitty food out of the house. Fill the fridge and cupboards with healthier snacks…fruit, nuts, bags of dried fruits etc. It may not sound like fun, but believe me, you will more than likely do a lot more snacking and biscuits, chocolates and bags of crisps seem very gratifying when you’re hanging for a ciggie. Giving up fags, then exercising and feeling your lungs functioning properly is truly wonderful. But seeing the weight pile on despite your efforts, because you’re eating loads of crap, can be demoralising.

Otherwise, good on you feller 🙂

allthegear
    Free Member

Hey, if it helps make it happen, eh??

Rachel

sor
    Free Member

Best of luck with it mate. And speedy recovery to you Ton too. I have stopped smoking as of this morning. Am doing okay so far I reckon as I’ve missed two fag-times and haven’t punched anyone. And although I’m expecting this evening to be challenging, I’m fighting that with some “I CAN do this, I WILL do this, I AM doing this” thinking.

oddjob
    Free Member

Ton – the problem would have been worse if you were 2½ stone heavier. What you did was still good 🙂

Hohum
    Free Member

Good luck with giving up the fags!

I stopped on March 2nd of this year and now I find that when I cycle it is my legs that give up first rather than my lungs.

MrNutt
    Free Member

good luck mate 🙂

if it gets too much drop me a line, I know how dark life can get.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    Don’t quit fags and junk food at the same time – one, then the other.

+1. IME when you give up smoking you tend to eat more – it’s not just the nicotine addiction its doing things with your hands. Get yourself into better shape and then give up the smoking

Best of luck – let us know how it goes

pancake
    Free Member

Good luck dude, lost over a stone now myself, got a way to go but feeling so much better for it 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

good luck dude! giving up both fags and fun food at the same time is tricky…. +1 on replacing everything in the house with fruit/nuts/dried fruit/sugar-free cardboard.

i’m trying a change of diet, more exercise, cutting own the crack-cocaine route at the moment too… according to mrsconsequence i’ve lost weight (i refuse to weigh myself as its demotivating and deceptive if you’re doing gym stuff that might involve building muscle… or just cycling more and building up muscle), with everyday you feel a bit more motivation and everything gets a little easier 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Its taken years but I've finally had it’ is closed to new replies.