Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • It's good to take some time out
  • neil853
    Free Member

I’ll be honest, I really haven’t been able to motivate myself to ride my mtb much this winter. I’m not sure exactly why that is, i’ve always been one for all year round riding but its seemed this year that I just got sick of my bike getting filthy, me getting filthy, the car geting filthy repeatadly.

I started running last spring and I’ve managed to keep it up over the winter. Just seemed much easier to get changed and head out running for 30-45 minutes than go out for a two hour night ride that took all night (not including bike cleaning). The running has increased my base fitness and helped my loose over two stones (closer to three actually) in weight.

But, on Saturday I’m heading to the Peaks for the first ‘proper’ mtb ride of the year. Big climbs, rocky decents and I can’t wait, i’m genuinely excited to get out. Think my bike fitness may be lacking but i’m looking forward to a ride more than in a long time. Just show’s,a bit of time away can really help 🙂

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Just show’s,a bit of time away can really help

Confirm this statement when you return on Saturday, eh? 😉

neil853
    Free Member

What an amazing ride yesterday! Why don’t I get to the peaks more?! 30 miles in and around Ladybower with some unbleiveable decents that would rival many alpine decents. All bone dry, rocky and fast.

Think I’ve got my mojo back 🙂

Duggan

I’ve done the same over winter- was ill for about 3-4 weeks in December/January and fell out of the habit of mtbing and didn’t get back into it.

Been doing more running than ever though- when it’s freezing cold, dark in the mornings and the trails are swamped with mud it just seems like a no-brainer to me. No backpacks, gear to be sorted, punctures, brake pad swaps, filthy clothes, filthy bike etc. Can put some shorts and trainers on, run for and hour and a half and be back for a cup of tea before half the people I know have got out of bed.

Might just admit to myself that I’m a fair weather cyclist and concentrate on mtb in the summer and running in the winter. Having said that, I do like night-rides.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘It's good to take some time out’ is closed to new replies.