Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • It’s days like today that…..
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

…..Prove beyond all reasonable doubt that England is simply the most stunningly beautiful place on Earth
    This is what I live for.
    😀

p.a. – I’m outside posting this, it would be criminal to be stuck indoors

Northwind

Never been to Scotland then? :mrgreen:

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep England is better

Joxster
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

Yep England is better

Why? It’s full of Eastern Europeans

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep England is better, far more beautiful.
    😀

When I said ENGLAND, I meant it.
    🙂

peteimpreza

“Why? It’s full of Eastern Europeans”

Not to mention the pea brained rednecks

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Let me be very clear about this – I’m not talking shot people or politics. That’s irrelevant.
    🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Why? It’s full of Eastern Europeans

And why would that be a problem? 🙄

‘Tis a truly beautiful country, no argument.

I was out in That London’s famous London, yesterday. Went over to Greenwich. Nothing like the view from the top of the hill, there. Wandered over for a lovely pint in the Union pub, then over to Whitechapel for a curry. Such simple pleasures, but sometimes, there’s just no place like home…

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Yup, England is beautiful – particularly this county. 🙂

Drac

I love England too and seeing it in full beauty thanks to nice long spells of good weather it’s ace. Even more proud of my home county just stunning and still relatively undiscovered.

vinnyeh

…..Prove beyond all reasonable doubt that England is simply the most stunningly beautiful place on Earth
    This is what I live for.

Well, bugger me, give a bloke a couple of nice days and some flowers to look at, and look what happens. Talk about rose tinted. You newly married or something? 🙂

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Malham Cove is a pretty place, but some of the Lakes can be pretty good looking too

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Funny how members of the other home nations feel the need to chip in whenever someone dares to praise the land of England….. 😕

johnhoo
    Free Member

tha’s because English people praising England is jingoistic, whereas Scots praising Scotland, the Welsh praising Wales etc, is simply patriotic 😉

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

My point backed up perfectly by johnhoo…….. 🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

…at the end of the day tho we would all rather be in Scandinavia 😉

devs
    Free Member

Could you please tell all the English white settlers up here how nice it is down there so they might go back? 🙂

petrieboy

well beautiful scenery was actually invented by the scots so it’s only fair we mediate in such matters

andywhit
    Free Member

devs – swapsies.

johnhoo
    Free Member

My point backed up perfectly by johnhoo

not sure what you mean there…do I come across as being non-English and having a go at the English?

my humble apologies for not making the sarcasm more obvious 😈

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

do I come across as being non-English and having a go at the English?

Not to me you didn’t. You came across as a typical whingeing englishman having a whinge.

bigG
    Free Member

England = country with pretty scenic bits spoiled regularly by the populace and stupid rights of way laws

Scotland = country that is largely glorious, freedom to roam and populated by the kindest, most liberal thinking and welcoming folk in the world. Oh, and we make whisky too.

The case for the prosecution rests m’lud.

Drac

populated by the kindest, most liberal thinking and welcoming folk in the world.

Sounds like Northumberland.

trailmonkey

England = country with pretty scenic bits spoiled regularly by the populace…………

Scotland = ……..populated by the kindest, most liberal thinking and welcoming folk in the world.

Irony Bru

ton
    augeri
    Free Member

I love this thread – I get so sick of people moaning about this country – it is indeed a truly beautiful place – I’m proud to be English, I’m proud of our tolerance, our humour and our spirit of fair play.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Could you please tell all the English white settlers up here how nice it is down there so they might go back?

Who would run all the B&B’s?

grumm
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – but don’t you live down south somewhere?

And I have to say despite living in England, Scotland wins hands down (apart from all the smack, sectarianism and teenage pregnancy of course ;))

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Grumm; PP was expressing his onion, and not stating any kind of fact. And as appreciation for one’s country is purely subjective, and no onion can ever be more righterer than any other, his statement that England is beautifulest is the subjective truth.

England is praps more geographically and environmentally diverse than Scotland, mind. From the majesty of the Lakes and Fells, to the serenity of the Norfolk broads, England has a bloody lot to offer.

I too am proud to be English.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I too am proud to be English

You sound like a racist to me mate.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Well, I certainly can’t abide people like you, that’s for sure.

Bloody Sarf Londoners!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I have just emmigrated from Scotland – well 6 months ago now – to Englishlandshire. I love the scenery of Scotland and miss the grandure of the Highlands and the windswept beauty of the Northern Isles (which although I haven’t been there much in recent years I miss achingly). But I have to agree – the northern part of England has a lot to offer. The Lakes (where I now find myself) are almost like mini-Highlands. It’s a shame there are way too many people in the Lakes though… and despite the access issues being less liberal I think there is more scope for riding here than in a similar size area of Scotland (Trossachs?)

Equally I am rather enjoying the Dales, Pennines, Northumbria and North Lancashire. I kind of lose interest once you get south of Lancaster though as it gets waaaaay too urban down there! I do need to explore a wee bit further afield still as there are many parts of this country I haven’t been to yet, as well as Wales south of Machynlleth….

Variety – it’s what it’s all about!

It’s going to take me a sodding long time driving to get back to Orkney again though 🙁

grumm
    Free Member

Can’t say I’m particularly proud to be English, but I do really like Britain, and wish people wouldn’t whinge so much about it – for me the main problem is all the negativity. We are very lucky to live here and be able to indulge our favourite hobby, and should appreciate it more imo.

Imagine living in Holland!

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Scotland = country that is largely glorious, freedom to roam and populated by the kindest, most liberal thinking and welcoming folk in the world. Oh, and we make whisky too.

and it has about 500 billon midges that will ruin a trip at the wrong time of year!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

jumping_flea – Member

and it has about 500 billon midges that will ruin a trip at the wrong time of year!

You too sound like a racist jumping_flea, with your anti-midge rant …..

ok …. igmc

jumping_flea
    Free Member

You too sound like a racist jumping_flea, with your anti-midge rant …..

Thats a bit harsh. I’ve got nothing against the people or scotland itself – just the pets it chooses to keep (sorry that should read pests!)

bigG
    Free Member

Ach you just need to be hard enough to ignore those wee things. Either that or be prepared with skin so soft, been using it for years and bit had any midge problems. If that’s the worst then I think we’re doing ok

johnhoo
    Free Member

You came across as a typical whingeing englishman having a whinge.

national sport, innit? 😉

Anyhow, I consider myself a Yorkshireman first 🙄

jam-bo

i had a lovely day in england as well.

Sandwich

Well this here Suffolk was looking lovely in the sun today. No more than 5 miles from urban sprawl at any time, but the woods and reservoir were lovely. Dusty bikes, summer is here.
    Scotland’s nice but it’s not England.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘It’s days like today that…..’ is closed to new replies.