Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • It's all getting a bit tight….
  • downshep

…in the hut. Old road bike, commuter mtb, cargo bike, hardtail, full suss, wife’s hardtail and two kids bikes. Not to mention gardening stuff and other rubbish. Hut is actually two 6 x 4 huts joined end on to make a 12 x 4. Looking for suggestions on how to store bikes upright or stacked in some way that it doesn’t take 10 mins to get the lawnmower out. Any ideas?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Remove the lawn mower and the bikes will be fine.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Strip them down and pack them in suitcases lined with foam, like sniper rifles?

andrewh
    Free Member

Another hut to make 18×4 should suffice.
    Keep adding huts as and when new bikes are added. (maybe ask neighbour about purchasing part of his garden?)

coastkid
    Free Member

Underground bunker 😉
    watch neighbours amazment as you wheel dozens of bikes into a 6×4 shed 😮

taka
    Free Member

some of these from a hardware shop do the trick

downshep

Like the hook thing. Could do a line of them into a 3″ x 2″ along one wall. Would need to angle the bikes to get one out past another.

18′ x 4′ hut is also a consideration but may need Chilean mine rescue pod to get the bikes out from the far end.

Time to measure and doodle.

Thanks guys.

garage-dweller

Front wheel out of some of them, then turn bars 90 degrees so bikes are narrower and then hang along each wall using hooks or slings from ceiling. Some extra hooks for the removed wheels.

Keep the most ridden bike(s) at floor level and nearer the door.

taka
    Free Member

there more than capable of holding lots of weight ive had massive dh bikes hanging on them with no issues apart from if you have 2.5″+ tyres then there abit of a push my bike room had 8 of them in and that’s 12ft by 8ft and could easily fit double that in but i haven’t enough bikes 😉

JohnnyPanic

Take the huts apart and re-assemble as 6 x 8 ?

Dyffers
    Free Member

I got a load of lifeline hooks off a (non-STW) classfieds last summer and lined 7 of my bikes up the wall in the garage, thereby leaving space to actually work on the 2 other bikes and 3 unbuilt frames… 😳

duntstick
    Free Member

Roadbike outside…………….who’d nick a roadbike?

downshep

Path at side only 5′ wide so no makey wider. Hooks is looking like the best bet, particularly if the bikes are hung alternately by the front or rear wheel.

dxb
    Free Member

variation on the effective hook option. You can buy these type of racks of the shelf, or you can make them yourself.

stolmen bike rack

Will depend how much head room you’ve got in your shed though?

bedmaker

For the lawn

Ebay for the mower

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘It's all getting a bit tight….’ is closed to new replies.