Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • IT & Android people, can i pick your brains???
  • pacemaker
    Free Member

I am looking for some advise from the wise people of STW … 😀

I am trying to find a system that will enable us at work to access and deposit into the storage on our field technicians Galaxy S3 & Note 2 phones.

We would like to be able to add technical updates, wiring diagrams and parts manuals as they come out to a system (like dropbox & icloud) that would then download to the phones internal storage.

I dont want the technicians to have to go online to get this info as it will be slow and take time to download, so would like something that runs in the background.

I cloud would be ideal, but the system we use for service call distribution is only available as an android app.

So any advise would be great, Thanks in advance.

verses

If I’ve understood you correctly, Dropbox should do what you want.

Stoner
    Free Member

+1 dropbox app should manage syncs OK.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/82/en

somouk
    Free Member

I do this using dropbox as well. They can sync up on wifi and favourite things to be stored locally if they need them regular or are in an area of poor signal.

allthepies
    Free Member

Google drive also can do what you need.

VanMan
    Free Member

“Google apps for business” as well as Google drive/Dropbox

nickjb
    Free Member

+1 for dropbox. You can add dropsync to it of more control over how stuff is synced but the standard interface is OK for basic syncing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘IT & Android people, can i pick your brains???’ is closed to new replies.