Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Islamaphobia
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

FWIW I would love for equality to be a right.. and to a certain extent it is.. to believe that another cultures interpretation of equality is inferior to your own is narrow minded and shows a fundamental lack of understanding..

I don’t think that’s entirely true. Maybe in an amoral world but we don’t live in one.
    As a hypothetical example I would be surprised if you genuinely believe that if you have two cultures one of which believes on the whole that genocide of what they class as sub humans is a good idea, and one which doesn’t, that believing the latter is worse than the former is just a case of being narrow-minded.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I wouldn’t term Turkey an Islamic country, rather, it is a country where Islam is the most prevalent religion.

There’s a key difference.

Kemal Ataturk deliberately transformed Turkey into a secular state.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

alexxx – Member

Chew he supports UKIP?

How does that equate to being a racist?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I accept your point re secular society but the falg is a tad Islamic.
    we could say the same thing about many Western democracies like say USA ir here even. i am not sure you need Sharia law and Imman’s running the country to be classed as a Muslim country. If the majority class themselves as Muslim then it seems reasonable to suggest it is a Muslim country.
    Obviously there is some distance between an Islamic country like [ or is you prefre a country inhabited by mainly Muslims] turkey and Iran or Saudi Arabia

iDave
    Free Member

Why fear the Lama?

alexxx
    Free Member

A good proportion of UKIP members have a fruitier side to their personality.. it’s not much of a trade secret

chewkw
    Free Member

bravohotel8er – Member

alexxx – Member

Chew he supports UKIP?

I hope he supports Dear Leaders.

Love live Dear Leaders! Long live Dear Leaders!

😆

Cougar

UKIP is to BNP as Sinn Fein is to IRA, n’est-ce pas?

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Cougar – Member

UKIP is to BNP as Sinn Fein is to IRA, n’est-ce pas?

The political wing of a proscribed terrorist organisation?

Back to analogy school!

Cougar

Back to analogy school!

*giggles* yeah that was pretty poor, even by my standards. Where I was going was more “the (arguably) respectable face of a bunch of spiteful bastards” really.

konabunny
    Free Member

It equates to him being a pillock.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Islamaphobia’ is closed to new replies.