Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Is your commuter your most ridden bike?
  • ton

if it is post a picture and tell us about it and how far you commute.

please

jedi

nope, my work bike is 🙂 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

My (usual) commuter is my tourer, so yes.

However, I am considering getting a new commuter (Alfine etc) after the ravages of the winter have taken their toll. Total commuting distance is in the region of 5,000km per year and I doubt that any other of my bikes will see that.

_tom_
    Free Member

My road bike has already had more miles on it than my mtb this year and I only got it last week 0_0

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yes it is . . . although I’ve yet to commute on it (only finished the build on Thursday and now it’s half term . . . yay!). Back to just one bike . . . at a time 😉 . Commute is only about 3 miles but the return route is as long as I want it to be 😛

brakes
    Free Member

yes, commute 7 miles a day

I’m sick of trashing tyres and wheels though, so I’m getting something else to commute on and saving this for weekend miles, especially as I’ve just got new wheels

karnali
    Free Member

yes by a long way, presently a revolution cross sport, soon to be a lighter and sportier cross bike when i seel this one and the current road bike that seems to get used less and less

edhornby

mine is, I don’t have many opportunities to ride outside of commuting…

did fettling today, greasing headset, new brake blocks and chain – the cracks between the down tube lug and headtube are getting worse, may be time to start looking for a replacement

large418
    Free Member

Mine is used more in winter than any other bike. Steadily trashing it though (steel Dawes Tekarra mtb with skinny slicks and full mudguards). My Cyclescheme Ribble Sportive is getting a few miles though (and will get ridden solid through the summer). 12 miles each way.

theboatman
    Free Member

Yep, 24 miles a day commute and this is usually extended on the way home, as irregular shifts/ and a family mean it’s the best way to get the miles in. Just fitted the flats today, as its getting to child seat and trailer time of year, the drops will be back for winter….

and I am just struck with the thought, I now own a hybrid…………. 😥

granny_ring

Unfortunately yes, it’s an old marin alpine trail so not worth a pic. But it’s nice to have the option of a bit of off road to or from work.

ojom
    Free Member

Yep. It’s a Cross Check and I am using broken wrist time to make it sweet. New campag bits and just built silver pro 3 hubs into open pro rims.
    Believer in having a good one to commute on.

Will be using the wheels on 2 bikes as well come summer so makes sense to have good uns.

It’s got a B17 as well as all commuters should.

RealMan
    Free Member

My commute is more fun then yours. Fact.

Actually that’s a lie, a winter of solid commuting on this with a crap bb and hubs has left it falling to pieces. And hills are horrible. So are rough roads. And its too high a gear to really sprint away from the lights. Apart from that though I love it.

I’m on this more times then any other of my bikes during the week, but do far more miles on other bikes.

mamadirt
    Free Member

I commuted by BMX all last week . . . nearly blinkin’ killed me. It’s on ebay now 😆 . Only upside was that it was a hell of a lot easier to lift over the school fence once I got there.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

mamadirt – Member

BMX all last week . . .. It’s on ebay now

mama in bike selling shocker!!!! 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

yes – 3.75 hours a week +.

It’s getting rebuilt just now after getting a disc mount added.

kimbers

yep
    97 kona lava dome
    14 miles a day through the mean streets of london
    recently converted it to 1×9 with a 44t ring and a modified superstar xc guide, i also put sram attack shifter and a rapid rise mech on it so it matches my other 2 off-road bikes with sram shifters and rr shimano mechs

smoggy
    Free Member

0 miles on main bike this year :(…….115 on the commuter. Hopefully it’ll all change in the spring/summer though.<crosses fingers>
    The commuter.

IMAG0485 by smoggy3, on Flickr

The “fun” bike

IMAG0228 by smoggy3, on Flickr

mamadirt
    Free Member

I’m settled now ron . . . no really 😆

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Just put my 20,000th mile on this:

15ish miles each way. 3 days a week winter, 4 or 5 in the summer, plus club runs in the Winter

samuri
    Free Member

Can’t be bothered looking at last year so a very feeble 2011 mileage is what you’re going to see now.

Totals for 2011
    chameleon(9): 313 miles
    Roadlite(3): 99 miles

And since everything else is snapped, my chameleon is bizarrely my current commuter. So yes.

hodge

1999 Kona frame, once belonging to my son which has slowly evolved. Many miles to work, pub, runs and a few tours over the years!

hoojum
    Free Member

It’s my most ridden and favourite too, clocking up a steady 45 miles a week.

andy7t2
    Free Member

yep

500 mile this year commute is 7 miles each way so doing somewhere between 50 and 100 a week

still getting out on my mtb twice a week but only 30-40 miles a week on that

hodge

Bigger photo!

1999 Kona frame, once belonging to my son which has slowly evolved. Many miles to work, pub, runs and a few tours over the years!

donks
    Free Member

[/url] 025 by donks73, on Flickr[/img]

It’s now the only bike I have but it does me ok for about 7 miles each way on the very empty car free redways we have in Milton Keynes. I just wish we have some more features on the route like some of the stair pics from the thread yesterday just to spice the ride up.

MicArms

Marin Bear Valley ( in case the pic doesn’t work.)

3 days out of the 4 day shift, 38 miles each way. 566 miles so far since 1st Jan compared with a poxy 125 for the MTB.. Something wrong there.

chriswilk
    Free Member

yep,
    kona dew drop cross(ish) with pro2/open pro.
    25 miles a day with up to 800m climbing depending on route.
    Only do it 2 days a week though. No pictures yet

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

yes, covered 6,500km out of an 8,000km total on this last year. 36 miles a day up to 4 times a week:

Bumhands
    Free Member

Been doing a 50 mile week for a year. Its not clean anymore.

hamishthecat

I mis-read and thought you asked Is your computer your most ridden bike?

Thought it was cutting satire for a moment. 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

In touring mode:

Round trip of 34 miles. 3 days a week in winter, 4 or 5 days in summer. Does winter training duties as well.

Moving house soon, with a new commute of 50 miles round trip.

TBH, it’s a good friend, but I’m falling out of love with it at the moment. I feel the need to ride my carbon road bike to work for a while. Once I’ve moved house, I think I’ll treat it to a new drivetrain and some rebuilt wheels.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Definitely! 669 miles so far this year, 27 mile round trip on a GT ZUM.

DezB
    Free Member

Yep, unfortunately my road bike is used more than my mtb, for commuting only.
    Currently 11.5miles each way, company moving in May to extend to round about 15-16 miles each way. More hilly too 🙁

(has a road stem now)

neilforrow

15 miles up the exe valley, only once a day at the moment… ironic that my cheepest’ bike that i have little interest in gets ridden the most, (by a long way too)

traildog
    Free Member

During winter, my Scott CX Team is my commuter. I do 40ish miles three days a week during winter. I also race on it, so it’s certainly my most used bike. I also sometimes commute on my road bike during the summer, but commuting makes up the most of my miles all through the year.

cp

my commuter is the most frequently use bike in the stable – it gets used twice a day, but only for 2.5 miles each way… so it prob does 25miles/week

the most mileage bike though, at the moment, is the singlespeed road bike.

druidh
    Free Member

Quite a few on here confirming what I’ve said in the past: It’s worth spending a fair bit on your commuter as it’s he bike you’ll be on the greatest amount of time.

Kahurangi

Oh yes. I’m currently doing 4 days a week, 15 miles in, 17 miles (with bonus hill) return. So approx 120 miles a week commuting, I might do 40 miles a week on the MTBs.

Might put a picture up this evening. It’s had it’s 2nd ever wash on saturday so is still relatively shiny 🙂

warton
    Free Member

Depending on how far I go on a sunday on the road bike my commuter is normally my most used bike. 80 to 100 mile s week depending on how I feel.

Genesis day one single speed, absolutely love it. go’s along on the roads OK, and is more than happy on bridles and in the snow!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Is your commuter your most ridden bike?’ is closed to new replies.