Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Is this possible?
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Taken my max heartrate to be 211 for a few years now, but today when putting a lot of effort in very early on in a ride I noticed it was holding steady around 225. As you can see for about a minute or so it was over 220, and at the time I didn’t see anything that would be causing it to give an error or anything. Was absolutely fine for the rest of the ride, and the rides before that.

I know about the 220-age thing, so I was surprised to see it over 220.

crikey
    Free Member

Yes, possible.

I thought mine was 188 when I was 39ish, then got it up to 198 when getting spat out on a climb in a race in Majorca. Given that you are a wee bit younger than that, I’d say it’s probably accurate.

aracer
    Free Member

Almost certainly a HRM glitch IMHO – used to get those regularly.

hugor
    Free Member

Riding close to powerlines can give you dodgy readings like that. Any of those on your route?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Were you close to throwing up/passing out etc? If so then maybe, otherwise a glitch.

DickBarton

I would regularly hit 207bpm…felt fine until it dropped to 190 then felt ill…lasted about a minute and could be repeated…220-age is some sort of guide for gums to save any accidents with unfit people overdoing it…so I’ve been told.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is this possible?’ is closed to new replies.