Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is this guy for real?
  • rascal
    Free Member

Nearly spat my cornflakes out when I saw this…you have to read his description 😆

“So grab yourself a piece of History at a bargain price, No doubt In the summer this bike will sell at twice the price.”

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dawes-Giro-200-road-race-bike-used-in-Olympic-2012-ceremony-/221182239590?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item337f7d2366&_uhb=1

The worst bike EVER to go up for sale surely.

convert

You have to hope they got them at a bargain price before doing that to them – there were about a hundred of them! A friend was one of the bike rider volunteers in the ceremony and this bike is in line with his experience of what he rode although I think his was a flat bar so this could just be a wind up!

dhyetiman
    Free Member

nice paint job, might do the 575 in the same scheme :lol

reedspeed
    Free Member

Can’t believe its not had a bid,I’d have had that but don’t like the black tyres….

andypandy85
    Free Member

Anyone who genuinely believes that description and buys it should be shot! I like the bit about having to spray a lot of bikes in a short time. Pretty sure they knew the Olympics was happening for a few years, dick split! It’s a nice touch on the chain as well, chains definitely work better when they’re solid with paint!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Looks like the bike I decided to respray when I was 9. Although even the 9 year old me realised it would be a good idea to remove the seatpost and bung a bit of masking tape over the bars.

soobalias
    Free Member

final pic is the best, flat rear tyre and the chain not on the derailleur properly.

clunker

The billions of £££’s the Olympics cost, and that sack of s@it came from it :mrgreen:

wordnumb
    Free Member

A proper olympings would’ve also painted the rims, austerity lightweights.

lucien

Would it be right to pay for it with a Paypal Gift? Assuming I win the bidding of course….what would the postage be like, because I’d like to pay for special delivery

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is this guy for real?’ is closed to new replies.