Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • is this fraud
  • compositepro
    Free Member

I work for myself and have a limited company

I hire a car for my personal use.
    The company has a company car

the company i hire my car from personally ie not through my LTD company have just used my company visa card to pay this months invoice these invoices are not presented to the accountant they are from my own persoanl income

the reason they have my company visa number is that in march it was used to pay an invoice from a directors dividend…foolishly i did not transfer the dividend to my owwn personal account and pay it from there
    which is how it should have been done but it was overdue

however can they just use the company visa…and why would they still have recorded the visa number…thirdly is this even legal?without my consent

I now have to explain that company money has been used for personal reasons

djglover
    Free Member

Sounds like a scam mate

Smee
    Free Member

I would go ape shit at them for taking a payment like that. Assuming that what you have said can be taken at face value.

compositepro
    Free Member

seriously i am doing my accounts and have just recieved this months bank statement on it was a transaction for 450 quid this does not correspond with any expense i have incurred so i phoned the bank thinking i had indeed been done…

it actually turns out they have tried to authorize 560 first only dropping to 500 and then 450 which is the limit for authorization on that card

the bank says it is now going to disput e the transaction however it does need to be paid by the 30th this is usually through my personal bank account so if i now find it is fraud do i go to the police and get the poor girl in accounts into a shedload of bother…or do igive it to em both barrels for being cheeky barstewards

compositepro
    Free Member

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

Just found out after consultation with disputes section of bank

its perfectly legal for a company to take money if you have given them your card details over the phone…and you dont need to authorize them to do it as its considered that on the first occasion you have given prior consent…they can do it again and again

marsdenman
    Free Member

Not an expert but……
    I believe, under Data Protection laws, that they can keep your card number on file. However, they cannot keep your 3 digit security code.
    Guess the idea is that that 'protects' you and them – you know they can't take monies (there's always a way though, i guess), they know they're covered if said data goes awol…..

Give 'em a kicking and (as it sounds like you're a regular client) either they will see you right for the inconvenience or you will vote with your feet……

compositepro
    Free Member

ha just the kind of info i was looking for marsdenman

cheers

markd
    Free Member

Move to scotland. We cant keep card details on file like this i seem to remember.

Its pretty standard for hire companies to do this. It stinks but the contract smll print details it usually.

splitlip
    Free Member

Hi, firstly I'm no expert, however I don't think they can charge your company for a personal debt/invoice. It's not transferable, unless you have agreed to it under the terms & conditions you entered into originally. They should refund the debited amount, regardless of whether you have paid the, personal, invoice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘is this fraud’ is closed to new replies.