Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Is this bike worth £130 quid
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Am selling my cx bike to my mate. He has no idea what its worth, neither do I. I thought £130 quid mates rate may be fair.

Spec as follows:

Dolan Multi frame and cabon fork
    Bontranger select wheels
    Brand new giant PSl2 tyres
    Mixture of Sorra and Tiaga 8 speed drivetrain with new cassette, chain and reasonably new 105 crank
    Random Giant and FSA finishing kit

I’m also throwing in another sets of old wheels, a brand new set of rapid rob cx tyrs and a wheel to use on his turbo

Does that seem fair?

ta

the-muffin-man

Is this bike worth £130 quid

Easily I’d say.

russyh
    Free Member

I would say thats more than fair!! Wish i had mates like you

hammyuk
    Free Member

You could double it and still be fair – parts would fetch you that on here.

epicyclo

Well seeing as your mate has no idea…. 🙂

Factor in he’ll be back when something breaks/wears out when JRA, and you’ll be expected to fix it.

cp

Bargain

v666ern
    Free Member
    aracer
    Free Member

I’ll take it off your hands for £100, so that you’re not unfair on your mate.

will
    Free Member

Bargain.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Very, we paid a mate £100 for a Dolan Multi X ‘chassis’ (included decent quality bars, stem, post and cantis) and were surprised by how much more they go for.

TiRed

It’s worth double that. But if it gets you a new riding partner, consider the opportunity cost well worth it.

hammerite
    Free Member

Seems very fair to I me.

I sold my Kinesis Crosslight with FSA crank and Campag Veloce (fairly new as I snapped them for fun when racing), for £150 to a lady who wanted to start racing. I had a bunch of mates going spare at me after as none knew I wanted to get rid of it and they wanted it for a pit bike.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is this bike worth £130 quid’ is closed to new replies.