Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • Is there a better rock band than…….
  • ….Metallica?

I’m certainly no hardcore fan, but can you beat the likes of ‘One’,’Enter Sandman’ and ‘Nothing Else Matters’?

Discuss

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

AC/DC
    GnR
    Sabbath
    Maiden
    Queensryche
    Pearl Jam

Yes (the answer, not the prog rock band)

BoardinBob

They should have knocked it on the head after cliff died

paulosoxo
    Free Member

?

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes

Led Zep
    They [metalicca] have longevity but so do Iron Maiden and Cliff so that is no measure of greatness

lovewookie

megadeth was more my thing, even with the whiney constapated vocal talent of mr mustaine.

duckman

Yes,the Maiden..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yes.

Mackem

You didnt even use their decent songs as evidence.

Anyway, they are canny but there’s better.

Mackem – it wasn’t a definitive question, for the very reason that I’ve not researched them fully.

More of a searching question?

restless
    Free Member

Ride the Lightning, best Metallica album ever 😀

samuri
    Free Member

I would struggle to say better than Led Zep or AC/DC but I’ve been hearing a couple of records recently that float my boat. I may use the itunes voucher my son sold me to sample this new musicical suggestion.

DezB
    Free Member

Nah, Metallica don’t do much for me. More from an indie background so I’d rather have Queens of the Stoneage or the Smashing Pumpkins for a rock fix.
    Do like a bit of AC/DC but all a bit same-ish.

user-removed
    Free Member

I have, of late, very much enjoyed a bit of System of a Down. I thought they were one of those bands I hate, like Korn, Limpbizkit etc. Then heard ‘Terracotta Pie’ on a biking video and was hooked!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Hi-five Nik! Reading ‘Hello me, meet the real me’ at the mo’ 8)

Coyote
    Free Member

Motorhead.

Coyote
    Free Member

or Black Sabbath

Coyote
    Free Member

or indeed Hawkwind.

kimbers

metallica for me black album was a bit too commercial but stll good

honourable mention to led zep tho! original rock gods

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

JLS

chewkw
    Free Member

ABBA. Fact.

dandelionandmurdoch
    Free Member

Wot deadlydarcy said.

After that, The Priest.

Northwind

restless – Member

“Ride the Lightning, best Metallica album ever”

Assuming you disqualify Master of Puppets for being unfairly good.

I suppose of the huge rock bands Metallica could be the best… They slumped really badly but seeing them again last year it was obvious they’re back in the game, so much more energy and passion to it. I try and be cynical about Metallica but when they’re good, they’re very good.

The Wildhearts are better though, when they exist.

grumm
    Free Member

Led Zep are a million times better. Some kind of monster was entertaining though.

CountZero

AC/DC
    GnR
    Sabbath
    Maiden
    Queensryche
    Pearl Jam

GnR: seriously? Slash is a good guitarist, but Axl Rose a better frontman than Hetfield? Perlease! That awful strangled caterwauling sets my teeth on edge.
    And as for Queensryche and Pearl Jam, well…
    AC/DC are good, but the only band anyone’s listed that are better than Metallica are Zeppelin, and as I’ve seen both live, as well as Sabbath, Purple, QOTSA, Sisters Of Mercy, Killing Joke and Anthrax, among many, I think I have a reasonable perspective.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I plagarised “disposable heroes”, with a few tweaks, for my a-level English. I got away with a B!

20 yrs on, still listen to metallica when I’m doing weights or roadbike now.

Garage days. Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets. great stuff. got bored of them after And Justice for All.

_tom_
    Free Member

Metallica are one of those bands I could never get into. IMO the “best” rock band was Thin Lizzy with their superior guitar riffs, harmonies and just great songs. Led Zep and ACDC are fine, but I can do without the screechy annoying singing.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I think stuff from that teenage age in your life just sticks with you and is meaningful.

Slayer

Kevevs
    Free Member

seasons in the abyss or reign in blood?. Teenage life. but I still listen to some of that rage!

Kevevs
    Free Member

double post

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPUe1nv4gIk[/video]

Also, for the judges consideration…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqWP1rsAMrw[/video]

warton
    Free Member

Yes.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfxOapBZ3bg[/video]

Thats for all the people in Great Yarmouth.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

cheese@4p

And all for Metal – what a booooooooore

S. Harley

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Rainbow of the Rising and Onstage era, Dio was at his best and Blackmore never played better either

nbt

samuri – Member

<snip>
    I may use the itunes voucher my son sold me to sample this new musicical suggestion.

Has sir not discovered the magical freebie that is Spotify for the cost-free sampling of new music?

devs
    Free Member

Metallica are certainly up there. I saw them last year in Belfast and was amazed by how long they spent talking to fans and distributing gifts after the performance. I saw Saxon at Download and they produced one of the best kick ass performances of the day, if they’d stuck at it they’d be up there too. For me Blue Oyster Cult are still the best rock band ever ever ever.

donsimon
    Free Member

No, they’re all Krap!

DezB
    Free Member

Rainbow? My mum liked Rainbow!
    You might as well say Nazareth (who my dad liked)(actually, he also likes Metallica)(he’s 72 btw).
    Anything pensioners like has got to be off the list surely 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Is there a better rock band than…….’ is closed to new replies.