Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is the Wildboar 24 going to be cancelled?
  • hugorune

We’ve entered a couple of teams but so far there are under a 100 signed up for it and apparently the organisers are getting a bit twichy. Anyone heard anything official?

trail_rat
    Free Member

word on xc racer is that it is canceled …

noting official press release but a 320md or something phoned and was told canceled due to lack of uptake !

Stu

XC racer post here. Though still nothing about it on their website.

Shame, did it last year and enjoyed it. The course wasn’t up to much (apart from the awesome last descent) but the organisation was spot on.

Harry_the_Spider

Nothing official on their site. I wouldn’t pronounce it dead on the say so of somebody on another forum.

If uptake is a bit slow the last thing they want is people saying it is off, especially now when there is a chance of a flood of entries at the last minute. From experience we put on about half our entries at HtN in the last few weeks.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Big Bike Bash is definitely on

twinklydave

just a shame there’s so many races on at the same time – I’ll bet that hasn’t helped

Harry_the_Spider

WorldClassAccident – Member
    Big Bike Bash is definitely on

Vulture 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

twinkly – The Big Bike Bash is about more than the racing. It is about the fun (any over £10K in prizes)

http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/event_details.php

hugorune

that’s a bit p!sh. We did it last year and had a good time (beer bbq and bitching about the fire roads). Ok the course wasn’t as good as it could have been but that was well documented and is the reason why they moved to another site (where the forestry commission can’t arse it up at the last minute).

If anyone hears anything official or unofficial can you post up ASAP.

Muchos gracias

DickBarton

Just got an official email saying it had been cancelled, a real shame as I was really looking forward to it and hoped to improve on last’s years ‘result’!

Hopefully will be on next year as I’ll enter it again…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is the Wildboar 24 going to be cancelled?’ is closed to new replies.