Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Is the Giro Xen still 'it'?
  • TooTall
    Free Member

My Giro Xen is knackered – and over 3 years old – so I need a new one. It was the helmet of choice for the particular niche between 'pure jey mincing lite' and 'full-face radcore xtreem'.

Is it still the lid of choice or is there something lighter / airier / more rad that I can compare with? Obviously, looking more rad than I am is the main aim.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I doubt you'll get better than a Xen. Cheaper maybe, but not better. This of course depends on your head more than anything. Xens just happen to fit my big round noggin very well!

milkherd
    Free Member

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Not since I got my Specialized 2D. Lighter, better ventilated and fits me better than a Xen – expensive though

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

i found the hex to fit me better than the xen, might be worth a try.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

The 2D is a race lid though innit? Not a halfway house between XC and a full facer.

Other lids are the Fox with the stoopid spoiler on the top (which I'm becoming strangely drawn to) or that Troy Lee open face abomination.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Doesn't seem to be any less protection from a 2D compared to the Xen I had before

soobalias
    Free Member

UVEX XP100.

ed80
    Free Member

I found the Hex a better fit as well, and quite a bit cheaper.

njee20
    Free Member

The 2D is definitely more XC, bit less protection on the back. Otherwise it's a far superior helmet, much lighter and better vented.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Met Kaos?

richc
    Free Member

The MET Kaos is definitely a better helmet, as it seems to cup the head better, and has more vents however the sizing is a bit funny so you need to try before you buy.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

The 'Speed Stuff Bullit' looks interesting… anyone tried/got one?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I saw that, but the one size fits all and the fact I've never heard of Speed Stuff worried me a bit.

The Uvex one looks good, if Uvex are good enough for cavendish, good enough for me …

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Other lids are the Fox with the stoopid spoiler on the top (which I'm becoming strangely drawn to)

You're dead to me.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

he he

I'll be surprised if you don't turn up to the Q's later this month in an aero lid aboard a crosser shod with zipp deep section tubs.

I won't buy one though, becuase it has a stoopid spoiler 🙄

unsponsored
    Free Member

Just changed to the Met Kaos after five years with various xens. For my head its a much better fit and cheaper if you can bag an online deal.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I replaced my old Xen with a Giro Phase – seems to be better ventilated but just as well fitting.

robdob
    Free Member

I did try a Xen on as my noggin is gargantuan like my brothers (peterpoddy) but I thought it looked daft. Waaaaay too big on my head. So I bought another E2 which is chuffing expensive but fits like a glove, looks great and I never know it's on.

Pauly

Met Kaos UL for me too. Had a Xen before and prefer the fit of the Met.
    Get the one that fits you best though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Whatever fits your bonce, buying for any other reason makes you a tard.

soobalias
    Free Member

i have been using the fox lid for about nine months now and i was surprised to find that you can actually feel the extra downforce/grip generated by the spoiler.

of course that is just extra drag on fireroads, so its swings and roundabouts.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Catlike Sakana? Best fit I've had, and its keeps my head lovely and cool. Something a Giro has never done!

richc
    Free Member

The MET Kaos is pretty small through, so if you are brainy the L mighten be big enough

redthunder
    Free Member

S***e.

Poppers keep breaking on mine. Nice helmet let down by current workmanship.

MET for me now.

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL @ Soobalias

Had a Xen for a couple of years now and it fits perfectly. Tried a Hex and found it really uncomfy.

It's ready for replacing now and I fancy something different. Strangely the right sized Kaos is uncomfy, but the 'one size' Terra (similar to a Kaos) fits lovely.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Is the Giro Xen still 'it'?’ is closed to new replies.