Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Is the country ready for the annual 'stand still' ?
  • Bunnyhop

Snow is forecast = country grinding to a halt.

Whoopeeeeeee.

ourmaninthenorth

No. No. No.

I’ll be forced to do my weekend riding on the bloody turbo trainer. You wouldn’t wish such a hideous fate on me, would you?

OTOH Toddler North would appreciate a snow fight I reckon. And a snowman.

binners

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Snowed in again!!!!

😀

Flaperon

Fortunately, the BBC has forecast bucket-loads for my locations so I can be pretty certain it’s going to either be bone dry or just rain.

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ll be forced to do my weekend riding on the bloody turbo trainer. You wouldn’t wish such a hideous fate on me, would you?

Are you a roadie?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm not forecast for the sunny south.

Are you Northern?

ourmaninthenorth

Yup.

No MTBing where I live.

Northwind

Looks like a lovely weekend here. Which is a shame, i love snow.

1981miked
    Free Member

I hate the snow! Don’t know what the big attraction is for some.

Makes driving, riding, working and getting about a lot harder and more dangerous.

I drive for a living so if I can’t get to where I need to be then my bank balance suffers aswell.

NO SNOW!

However I’m sure it will be the wrong kind and we will grind to a halt anyway.

binners

No MTBing where I live.

May I remind you sir, that you live in the North West of England. There’s simply no excuse!!
    Get the bloody mountain bike out. Riding in the snow is a right old laugh!!!!

sparkyrhino

Sunday and Monday forcast for snow in the west of Gods own county.Still on leave all next week 😈

Bunnyhop

May I remind you sir, that you live in the North West of England. There’s simply no excuse!!
    Get the bloody mountain bike out. Riding in the snow is a right old laugh!!!!

Yes.

Not forecast until Monday now!

binners

I’ve just had a look at the Met Office and we’re forecast snow tonight. YAY!!!!! 😀

wisepranker
    Free Member

Snow forecast for Monday and Tuesday round my way, fits perfectly with my days off work 😀

richmtb

Looks like a lovely weekend here. Which is a shame, i love snow.

Snow in most of Scotland on Sunday and Monday apparently according to yr.no

Tom-B
    Free Member

I hate the snow! Don’t know what the big attraction is for some.

Makes driving, riding, working and getting about a lot harder and more dangerous.

I drive for a living so if I can’t get to where I need to be then my bank balance suffers aswell.

NO SNOW!

However I’m sure it will be the wrong kind and we will grind to a halt anyway.

This x1000 The already sodden trails that were just beginning to get rid of the slightest bit of water will now be **** again and people that don’t grasp the basic concepts of physics will be causing chaos on the road 🙁

Northwind

I can honestly say I’ve never seen a correct yr.no forecast for Edinburgh. Even BBC Weather’s more accurate!

Dickyboy

Might be some in the chilterns monday evening 🙂 I love riding in the snow, almost my favourite conditions

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Icy conditions forecast here in the SW. Spending the weekend doing water rescue training in the river Dart, which will be fun! 😯

jam-bo

There won’t be any water in the dart next week. Trying to get out tomorrow to get the last of it before it dries up…

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Drying up, being of course, relative.

Pook

mum to be definitely does not want snow.

sambob
    Free Member

Got an exam the day snow is forecast, and an exam on Tuesday. Snow is welcome any day other than Monday or Tuesday.

druidh
    Free Member

Have fatbike – will travel!

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Whether or not the snow comes the temperatures are looking very cold next week so hopefully we will have hard ground to ride on for a change!

mrblobby
    Free Member

They are already talking about cancelling a local sportive this weekend due to snow and ice, and that’s down south! Can’t wait for some nice frosty trails though.

Jamie
    Free Member

According to the Met Office, I will be crashing my car without warning tomorrow 🙁

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Won’t happen as I bought a 4×4 last month, last time we had a 4×4 it never snowed.

allthepies
    Free Member

Thought you’d learnt your lesson after that speeding thang.

Jamie
    Free Member

Thought you’d learnt your lesson after that speeding thang.

I’ll have you know I am quite capable of crashing while driving under the influence speed limit, thank you very much!

sambob
    Free Member

-11 forecast here end of next week 😀

marsdenman
    Free Member

Fortunately, the BBC has forecast bucket-loads for my locations so I can be pretty certain it’s going to either be bone dry or just rain.

Conversely, here on them there Pennine Hills (West Yorkshire variant thereof) we’re forecast nowt in the the way of the white stuff.
    Given the above forecast I will mostly be hooking out the snowshoes and buffing them to within an inch of their lives 🙂

Bunnyhop

Bets anyone as to when the first flake will arrive?

Monday morning rush hour for me.

matt_outandabout

Bets anyone as to when the first flake will arrive?

It never left some of us…

Glen Ogle walk by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

Euro
    Free Member

Thought this was about something different. Our ever reasonable loyalist protester are having a different kind of standstill right about now. I hope they all **** off home soon, so I can get home too.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Dull n damp in the ‘shire. Good stuff. Snow is alright for a couple of days, then it’s sh1t.

jodafett

I was thinking about going to Glentress on Mon. I’ll definitely be going now 😀

zippykona

I love snow days and glad no one can get out.
    If you give people a day off in this country they load up the car and join the traffic jams for whatever hell hole shopping centre they like.
    Snow days people get out and walk, have a sledge and talk to their neighbours. Bring it on.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

*sledge at the ready*

grantway
    Free Member

Going to be a nice day in London tomorrow

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Is the country ready for the annual 'stand still' ?’ is closed to new replies.