Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • is llandegla the most boring trail centre?
  • jonrambo
    Free Member

does anyone else find llandegla to be very boring (tame) or is it more directed towards familys with young kids, its been mentioned on here to be a good trail centre but when i did it last week i felt robbed of £70 worth of fuel driving there!! i think the only trail centre worth doing is innerliethan courses dh tracks i find them more testing and enjoyable for the modern mountain biker.

Drac

Can you elaborate on the 'modern mountain biker' I want to know if I fit in or not.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

I don't have any kids and think its great! I am obviously not modern enough!

coffeeking
    Free Member

It's not the hardest. It's not the easiest. I enjoy it. A little 5mins research on the internet would have revealed what "sort" of trail centre it is (there are plenty of people with your opinion). Do people genuinely still drive for hours (for £70s worth of fuel) to a place they have not researched? Jesus, that must be like driving from London to Edinburgh solely to go for a meal in a random pub you've not read a review of or had the opinion of from similar people to yourself – you'd not do that would you?!

cynic-al
    Free Member

i think the only trail centre worth doing is innerliethan courses dh tracks

I think you will be disappointed with many trial centres.

vinnyeh

If you're getting your kicks at Innerleithen, I'd like to know what else satisfies you- there's not too many natural trails that are similar. Are you sure it wasn't the uphill at the start that got on your tits?

I quite like Llandegla – it's quite different to most places I ride, and sometimes a change is good.

Tiger6791

yes, it's crap, don't go, the fewer big eared slow 'uns the better

Coed Y Brenin has three bridges which you could live under (you'd like it there)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No it's not. Swinley Forest is.

hora
    Free Member

I'd drive an hour to go to Llandegla however the Peaks is 45mins from me.

Why £70 in fuel? Dalby is better IMO.

davidmoyesismydad
    Free Member

sherwood pines is if its actually a trail centre.
    i actually like llandgela especially the new stuff

vinnyeh

Actually Bedgebury has them all beat hands down. And to add insult to injury, a £7 per car parking charge.

Coyote
    Free Member

Quiet lads, another "Trail God" has spoken.

hora
    Free Member

Don't park in the carpark. Simples. This isn't a troll. I avoid Edale carpark for example after being stung there.

jackal
    Free Member

You get out what you put in at these sort of trail centres.
    Yeh its easy and not technical, but that means you can just go faster, and the faster you go the more fun you have.

david moyes is my dad – Member
    sherwood pines is if its actually a trail centre

Sherwood pines isn't that bad now, do a couple of laps then play in jumps/freeride area for a bit. I can think of worse ways of spending an afternoon! Saying that i wouldnt travel a long distance just to specifically go there.

At the end of the day its riding and ALL enjoyable 😀

jonrambo
    Free Member

ok, yes i should of done my research but its always been highly recomended on here so i thought id try it, as for how do i get my kicks well i definitly do prefer natural trails, they can be a lot more testing making all the dh tracks at innerliethan seem tame, it all depends on what floats yer boat, mountain bikes have moved on, more travel, slacker ha, better brakes meaning riders now movin on with them, riding bigger stuff, xc riders turning to trail riding, just an example of what i mean when i say modern riders, please dont take offence, everyone has their different opinions of" what is mountain biking" lets just enjoy it!

peachos
    Free Member

anyone know when the new stuff up at llandegla's supposed to be opening???

M6TTF
    Free Member

70 quid in fuel – you drive a CLS63 AMG?!?!

Andituk
    Free Member

"Highly Recommended" obviously didn't do enough research! It's always slagged off when its mentioned.

I liked it when I went, very fast and flowy. I may not be the riding god you are though.

jam-bo

where did you drive from? to get to llandegla and back would cost me about £70.

I'd have to drive past:

dartmoor
    exmoor
    quantocks
    mendips
    not turn left for afan/cwmcarn
    malverns

plus a whole load of other stuff too.

M6TTF
    Free Member

given i get around 30mpg, i could get from cheshire to the south coast and most of the way back on 70 quid! no way i'd drive that distance to ride anywhere!

catvet
    Free Member

you are not riding it fast enough, green blue red and black total time 3 hours

jonrambo
    Free Member

im driving from leeds way so costs me £35 to get to llandegla, should have drove north, better riding up that way! 😆

higgo
    Free Member

Bored of Llandegla? Ride it faster.

BigJohn

Its target audience loves it to bits.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Christ leeds to llandegla is not far what are you driving for it to cost £70 I do it from leeds and back for £25

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I was really disappointed with Grizedale, the loose stony surfacing made everything harder than it should be. Glad I was only riding it because I happened to be in the Lakes anyway on a family trip.

loddrik
    Free Member

To the op, just dint go there, leave it to those of us with a high boredom tolerance.

As for me, any Tuesday morning with no one there, twatting it down with rain and an hours drive from my house, there aren't many things I'd rather do in those conditions. Llandegla is great.

timc
    Free Member

its very average, I can hardly ever be bothered driving there & i live in Liverpool… I understand your disapointment!

Where do you put your bike in that veyron?

Pook

Try doing it in the dark with no lights, then come back with comments.

Drac

I was really disappointed with Grizedale, the loose stony surfacing made everything harder than it should be. Glad I was only riding it because I happened to be in the Lakes anyway on a family trip.

Good job you didn't ride the bridleways then you'd really have struggled. 😕

JonR
    Free Member

I love Llandegla, I know what is going to happen on it and enjoy the swooping easy to stay on tracks through the woods. I suppose its simply about what you like.

hora
    Free Member

Try doing it in the dark with no lights

Try doing it in the dark with no lights, no eyes and a crazed crack-head carrying a pick axe stalking you around there.

So there!

will
    Free Member

I actually found it quite good fun on Friday. The new pump track for example is good fun. The first climb though 😆

thepodge
    Free Member

Too many people standing round chatting & blocking the trails for me.

will
    Free Member

😆 I was going to say that!

wl
    Free Member

Dull as dishwater, unless you splash out on a fashionable novelty bike to make it a bit more challenging. Trail centres at their worst, and that's really saying something.

loup
    Free Member

Llandegla is great, which is good as all the natural stuff round there is really really rubbish. The Clwyds and the Berwyns are really not worth going to at all, best stick to the trail centre I say 😉 😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

Leeds to Llandegla is about 100 miles. for that to cost you £70 you must be driving an old v8 Range Rover and getting about 12mpg

tamworthcrowd
    Free Member

you obviously don't like innerleithen enough to know how to spell it.

Hooter
    Free Member

The most boring trail centre in the UK must be at Inverie. It has proper signs and everything but it's about 500m long and has, like, 2 berms and one jump. It gets the vote for the hardest to get to also. Inverie has the most remote pub in the mainland UK, you can't drive there. Walking, biking or boat are the main transport options 🙂

I like Llandegla for what it is, but then it's only an hour away. The SO especially likes it too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘is llandegla the most boring trail centre?’ is closed to new replies.