Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Is it too early for Cut Gate?
  • carlos
    Free Member

Was up there today and yup it’s fast (running 2.25 Nevegals. fwiw), saw a few others and quite a few walkers. Had a great ride and the only puddles were along the dry stone wall before you drop to Fairholmes.

loddrik
    Free Member

Killer bees well up to the job. Perfect for big rocks, wet or now. 2.4 so can run them a little lower than other tyres, they only struggle in mud. Perfect trail centre (and dry Peaks) tyres.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

Any update on conditions today?

was perfect and dry – only one muddy puddle on cut gate the rest is dry

elgolfo

I rode Cut Gate for the first time today. Crossmarks front & back absolutely fine. Nearly had a big off coming down the zig zags trying to negotiate a couple of riders walking up; didn’t embarrass myself too much!
    Maybe Langsett is the better start end as took a long time driving back through Glossop to get to Manc.

Plovair

Read this last night and was inspired to throw the Sub 5 into the car and head up the M1 to Langsett. Used it as the start point of the Glossop-Cut Gate route http://www.theedgecycleworks.com/mtbroutes/glossop-cut-gate and had great days ride. I seemed to have the whole of Cut Gate to myself until I came across a young lad sitting by Mickelden Beck waiting for his dad to bring the pump he’d forgotten!!

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Managed to incorporate an out and back from Langsett into a work trip from Manc to Cambridge :))) soooo dry!

A real buzz!! Also had a quick spin along Howden Res for the views 🙂

Must be one of the best quick fixes :))

Cheers. Paul

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Is it too early for Cut Gate?’ is closed to new replies.