Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Is it open season on TJ?
  • Kit
    Free Member

I know the exact street TJ is on about, and I would have ridden it the same way. Taxi drivers in Edinburgh are all ****, and I hope you nail him.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I have resisted opening this thread since I saw it, purely as I found it hard to resist replying to it, but hey you know what, it’s just one of those days;

Is it open season on TJ?

Answer: When isn’t it?

Kahurangi

All you folks arguing that “ooh the cyclist should be more considerate and should ride in the gutter/not there/not when I’m trying to get past” are forgetting one simple truth.

That the taxi driver in this instance did deliberately and maliciously attempt to run the cyclist off the road and/or injure him. Which would be assault with a weapon.

ojom
    Free Member

TJ – that stretch should be covered by CCTV from Hotel Du Vin and perhaps the Uni too. Might be worth seeing if they have footage of this.

Must remember to complain to LRT after this morning’s 13 decided that i couldnt possibly have been travelling at a speed precluding him from pulling out onto the roundabout in front of me then pulling hard left with no indication…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Fred

Be quiet now please. If you respond to me again, then you’ll only show yourself up to be a petty-minded insecure frustrated individual.

Which would be assault with a weapon

That’s posting bollocks with intent!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That the taxi driver in this instance did deliberately and maliciously attempt to run the cyclist off the road and/or injure him. Which would be assault with a weapon.

And if you consider what a stressful job driving a cab around a busy city can be, then it’s perhaps easier to understand what makes cabbies behave in such a manner.

As a courier, I discovered just how stressed you can get, from being in such an environment, that can actually be highly competitive, and one which compels you to want to get around regardless of others. Speshly in London, anyway. Add in an aggressive temperament, and you have the perfect recipe for trouble. Hence why so many city drivers can be so aggressive,

Doesn’t excuse behaviour like that, though. People like that shouldn’t be behind the wheel, certainly not doing it for living.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Al please don’t you’ll only end up hurting yourself. 🙁

Please.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

TBC – its not worth that much hassle – he didn’t hit me just irritate me.

If the main CCTV had shown himn it would have been worth it but its not woth that much fuss

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Is it open season on TJ?’ is closed to new replies.