Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Is it just me that can't stand Michael Mcintyre???
  • Cougar

So do I, but variety is the spice. I quite like him.

cann68
    Free Member

Detest him, unfunny and to manicured. Lee Evans on the other hand is the funniest bloke I’ve ever seen, has me in stitches.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

He was funny in small doses a few years ago, tedious know

CaptJon
    Free Member

+ 1 Blakes – he’s doing the middle of the road ‘have you ever noticed… funny because its true’ style comedy Peter Kay does (did). His talent is in the delivery because the material isn’t particularly rich or clever. Last night Miles Jupp made the observation that many Irish comics don’t need to write good material because they have an advantage with delivery because of their accents. The same could be said for Kay and McIntyre, and if you ever watch a repeat the lack of depth to the material is obvious.

Personally i prefer political and surrealist comedy. Unfortunately most comedy on the TV is mundane tripe – e.g. those panel shows with pre-reheased jokes.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

I can’t stand him & the wife likes him even less – which is why I flick onto his show to wind her up 😉 …..dunk..ouch! Oh, and Piers Morgan….telly out of window job!

Panama
    Free Member

yep can’t stand him either – pompous ass!

TheSanityAssassin

Can’t do with him. Or Russell Brand. Or Russell Howard.

LeeW

I thought he was quite funny when he was first being broadcast, now his voice is really beginning to grate. It’s a shame really, the same happened to Peter Kay, every time you turned the TV on he just seemed to be on.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Detest him, unfunny and to manicured. Lee Evans on the other hand is the funniest bloke I’ve ever seen, has me in stitches

Humour’s a funny thing isn’t it? I quite like Michael MacIntyre but can’t stand Lee Evans. I mean does the world really need another Norman Wisdom?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I mean does the world really need another Norman Wisdom?

Too **** right it does.

In fact, that’s half the problem I reckon………who can deny that Britain wasn’t a better place in those halcyon days when Mr Pitkin entertained us with his hilarious adventures ?

StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

that hi pitched girly tone.drives me mad

BigJohn

I saw him a couple of times in a small comedy club and he was excellent. Still like him now as well, but, hey, he’s gone mainstream. Wouldn’t you?

uponthedowns
    Free Member

that hi pitched girly tone.drives me mad

So you know Ernie then.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Yeah I love peter kay too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSIMMTRk44c

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Like a hysterical middle aged women in a podgy blokes body. Can’t bear him!

😆

ourmaninthenorth

+1 bakes & CaptJon.

“Comedy is the new rock ‘n’ roll” is very true. Stand-up comics capable of filling a stadium are about as attractive as U2 or Coldplay. It’s anodine mediocrity for the masses who don’t do thinking for themselves. Which is why it, like Glastonbury, is so heavily plugged by the marketing people in the media.

Haze

Funny for a while, then does my head in.

jp-t853

Can’t stand him. Comedy equivalent of Robbie Williams. Turn over please.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Is it just me that can't stand Michael Mcintyre???’ is closed to new replies.