Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Is it ever going to stop raining?
  • binners

Ever?! It doesn’t bloody feel like it! I’m getting really really ****ing bored with this now!

April showers? Pah! Since when did showers last a solid 24 hours! Every bloody day! Not happy! 😥

seavers
    Free Member

Climate change and all that, we had summer in March!

mintimperial

Yeah, don’t worry. Probably in November when it’ll turn to sleety snow for a bit.

Never mind, it could be worse: I have a holiday booked in North Wales next week. I almost wish I did canoeing instead of mountain-biking. 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

Leave the northwest, HTH 😎

letmetalktomark

Cut the grass nd did some gardening this evening. Didn’t come in until 2100 😳

But we do have a hose pipe ban in the EOE 😆

coolhandluke
    Free Member

It’s bordering upon being biblical rain nr Wigan now. 😕

wors

Don’t worry young banners, another few weeks and we will be basking in sun for the rest of the Summer, keep the faith 8)

garage-dweller

Yes it will, but probably not in time for the weekend from what I’ve heard.

Hope I can find a cab home from the station tomorrow night, don’t fancy walking 7 miles home in today’s type of weather…

mintimperial

The bus stop pole outside our house has no cap on it. It’s about 2.5 metres tall, 10cm in diameter, and as of today it is completely full to the top with rainwater. 😯

(I’m not really sure how it’s happened as although it’s wet, obviously we’ve not had 2.5m of rain in the past few days. Odd.)

Ewan
    Free Member

The bus stop pole outside our house has no cap on it. It’s about 2.5 metres tall, 10cm in diameter, and as of today it is completely full to the top with rainwater.

Most of it is full of concrete / crap / stuff?

weirdnumber
    Free Member

The rain doesn’t bother me. The wobbly paving slaps from Piccadilly station to Piccadilly gardens (Manchester) that squirt water up my trouser legs when I stand on one do bother me though. Never a good way to start the day 🙁

tandemwarriors

Rain? Sorry, hardly seen any here for a few weeks. Nice dry trails in the west of Scotland 🙂

Doesn’t happen often, so we have to be smug when we get the chance!!

Duggan

It is getting pretty tiresome now and I live in Manchester so you’d think I’d be used to it.

Don’t think it’s going to be much better over the weekend 🙁

amsterdan
    Free Member

Just bought a gore fusion as jacket for winter half price I’m loving the rain all you mancs should be used to it 8)

hugor
    Free Member

Getting really boring now. The novelty has worn off.
    The missus is sick of all the mud I’m dragging into the house and bed.

boxelder

A bit dry in the Lakes at the moment. I’d a couple of hours rain in Skye last week – trapped me in the pub one evening – grim.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

hugor – Member
    The missus is sick of all the mud I’m dragging into the house and bed

Maybe have a wash before you get into bed…ya dirty bastard!

mogrim

If it’s any consolation it’s a worldwide thing, it’s pissing down in Madrid and forecast to keep doing so all weekend, too.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nice sunny morning in Edinburgh although we have had a bit of rain. its what you get for living in Manchester (area) the rainiest part of the Uk – other areas have more rain but that bit has the most rainy days.

crazy-legs

Is it ever going to stop raining?

No. We’re all doomed. DOOMED!
    HTH

Drac

Blue skies here.

fathomer

It’s depressing, is what it is, though I’m off the bike due to a bad knee at the minute so don’t mind to much.

Solo
    Free Member

No. We’re all doomed. DOOMED!

Is that your weather report ?.
    😉

Solo
    Free Member

Blue skies here

Ooo, oooo. Do we get to guess where ?.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I seem to remember it chucked it down this time last year, then May/June were amazing.

binners

I seem to remember it chucked it down this time last year, then there was a reasonable morning in May/and a slightly less overcast afternoon in June were amazing.

The Manchester version 🙁

lowey

The weather in the NW the last few weeks is really getting on my tits now. Proper depressing.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

My hollowtech Bottom Bracket was MADE for conditions like this!

oh wait, no it wasn’t.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

There’s more on the way for the weekend, and into next week.

It was calling a drought summit, the modern raindance, that did it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sunshine here in the Democratic Peoples Republic of North Yorkshire.

I’d like to say a big thankyou to all you lancashire people for taking all the rain for us over the pennines, we’re very greatfull 😛

sharkbait
    Free Member

Don’t worry young banners, another few weeks and we will be basking in sun for the rest of the Summer, keep the faith

Christ I hope so!
    I’ve got a week long sailing event in Wales in 4 weeks time and I need it to be fairly light winds so I’m hoping all this shit will have blown over by then.
    I’ve also bought some new [warm] sailing gear as I got chilly training a couple of weeks ago – my theory is that if I buy lots of warm gear it’s going to be baking hot!

cupra
    Free Member

Blues skies and sunshine near perth, lovely cycle in to work, skylarks singing away.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Nice and sunny here in sconny botland.

donsimon
    Free Member

Strangely I don’t see it as a problem as it isn’t particularly cold.
    Go out, ride, get wet, job’s a good ‘un.

Stoner
    Free Member

according to yr.com we’re due to have an inch of rain on Sunday 😯

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Get trench crotch…

binners

I’ve just got an email from Wiggle titled

beat the rain! GREAT SAVINGS on wet weather essentials!

Not daft are they? And obviously not expecting it to stop any time soon 😥

Cougar

I’m not saying it’s raining a lot, but the guy down the road from me is building an ark.

He’s made it several levels tall and now he seems to be filling it full of freshwater fish…!

I think it might be a multi-storey carp ark.

Dancake
    Free Member

My dogs are trying to do their bit by soaking up muck and the filth from the woods and depositing it on my kitchen floor…

Cougar

Not daft are they? And obviously not expecting it to stop any time soon

I don’t think they’ll care whether or not it stops soon, so long as you’ve bought your wet weather essentials by then.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Is it ever going to stop raining?’ is closed to new replies.