Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Is BKB dead ?
  • bigsi
    Free Member

Mate has been to Holmbury/Pitch this morning and says the FC have felled trees all over the place making the trail unridable.

Anyone know if this is the case or if he’s going over the top 😕

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Does it matter? It’s been hammered to death and could do with replacing anyway. Nowt like a bit of forestry work to freshen the riding up! 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

To (mis)quote “The reports of its death are greatly exaggerated”

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigsi
    Free Member

Agreed its not the best trail in the area but its a useful route down to the carpark without using the road.

I’m just a bit surprised given the money they recently spent on changing the bottom part if they have now put in beyond use.

BTW I’ve just spoken to him & it sounds like he’s being a drama queen in that they have thinned some of the trees out and not bothered/had time yet to clear the debris of branches & chippings from the trail & there are log piles on some parts of it which take you off line in places.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Well on the day they were felling there was quite a few branches over the trail, adding a few more obstacles. I haven’t been since so I don’t know how much more trees they have chopped down.

brakes
    Free Member

It probably matters to the folks at Peaslake Stores, sales of cheese straws will be down!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Not dead just resting! It will be cleared up. BKB is sanctioned and has been ‘built’ by the Hurtood Trust so it will be returned to us.

catfood
    Free Member

I went down it a couple of days back and it was fine. I stopped and had a chat to the forester bloke, he said the trail is open but he may put signs up if its blocked, there may be stuff on the trail from time to time but there was nothing when I went down it.

EDIT Thinking on a bloke I chatted to at the bus shelter had been down that morning and there was a log pile on the trail so id say its generally in a state of flux so you just have to take it asyou find it.

mcinnes
    Free Member

Happily rode it this very sunny morning.

Lots of twigs and leafy stuff on the first half of BKB due to recent forestingness, and it was hard to tell what was different from the original Barry Knows Best (as it’s now Barry Knows Better) but the second half with the nice whoopy berms was tidy and normal.

There was one pile of small logs right next to the trail, but nothing on the trail at all apart from afore mentioned twigs and ferny-leafy bits.

So basically, I’d agree with your drama queen bit – bit of an over exaggeration IMO 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is BKB dead ?’ is closed to new replies.