Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Iron Maiden
  • scraprider
    Free Member

Tickey booked for 31st july at the NIA cant wait , seen them 2 years ago at twickenham any one eles seeing them ???

Kevevs
    Free Member

saw a nondescript BMW today with loads of little Eddies lined up on the rear parcelshelf and dash. proper oldskool fan going under the radar I reckon!

devs
    Free Member

21st July in Aberdeen. Canny wait. Got T in the Park and Simple Minds to survive first though.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj87n_dEwRU[/video]

darrell
    Free Member

saw them last night in Oslo.

They were excellent – lots of new stuff from Final Frontier and lots of crowd favourites.

votchy
    Free Member

scraprider – seeing them at the NIA too, saw them last year at sonisphere, should be a good night

thehustler
    Free Member

saw them MANY years ago at victoria halls in Hanley, supported by Wolfsbane, now their lead singer was a nutter…..

nbt

Saw them on the 7th tour of a 7th tour at the manchester apollo back in ’89, bloody fantastic gig. Was offered face value tickets for the upcoming gig in manchester and would love to see them again but even face value is sill fifty quid! Can’t justify that 🙁

WOlfsbane’s lead singer replaced Bruce when he left ‘Maiden for one album. It wasn’t bad actually, and wolfsbane were a good band, not keen on his latest album though.

MrsToast
    Free Member

First time I saw them was at the Wolves Civic when Blaze Bailey was singing for them. Wasn’t overly impressed. Next time I saw them was at the ’99 reunion shows in Paris and Rotterdam, totally different experience! I’ve seen them quite a few times since them, Bruce is one of the best frontmen about.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I was talking to their pilot at the weekend. He’s trying to get me some freebie tickets/backstage off the back of him spending hours on end chatting to the other pilot on board, Mr Dickinson! 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Is she dead yet?

donsimon
    Free Member

I was talking to their pilot at the weekend. He’s trying to get me some freebie tickets/backstage off the back of him spending hours on end chatting to the other pilot on board, Mr Dickinson!

Name dropping again? No style CFH!

julianwilson
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

I was talking to their pilot at the weekend.

I bet Dickinson is always in the cockpit saying ‘oooh, i wouldn’t do it like that.’ 😆
    I think I read on here once that he keeps his air miles/licence going by doing the odd commercial flight, someone said he was their pilot on a ‘normal’ plane once.

BTW Maiden rule! 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

First saw them on the Beast on the Road tour (first one with Dickinson). Gutted I never saw DiAnno at the front. Seen then several times since (about 7 I think) and have met the whole band (all this as a teenager). Not seen them for years but have tickets for Sheffield and staying the night so we can have beers n curry too.

The week after I am seeing Judas Priest with Queensryche supporting too.

Metal.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I bet Dickinson is always in the cockpit saying ‘oooh, i wouldn’t do it like that.’
    I think I read on here once that he keeps his air miles/licence going by doing the odd commercial flight, someone said he was their pilot on a ‘normal’ plane once.

He works for Astraeus (spl?) in a rather nebulous “Marketing” role, but keeps his hand in on the flying when he can. Sadly, the CAA have cracked down on him flying himself, as they have said that any hours worked as the singer in a rock and roll band count as hours worked for his shift allowance. As such, he’s no longer allowed to fly the band around himself.

nbt

The week after I am seeing Judas Priest with Queensryche supporting too.

*jealous*

cupra
    Free Member

Dickinson has been flying their own iron maiden liveried jet for the recent world tour…

yunki
    Free Member

I saw them in the 80s at wembley arena.. I’m not sure what our mums were thinking letting us travel up alone to the big smoke for a gig at such a tender age but we certainly made the most of it..

I grew out of heavy metal in my teens at some point and haven’t really appreciated it since..

boxfish
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPoreDpqlik&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Oooooooooooh *jealous* 🙁

Moe

Saw them at the Taunton Odeon in the early eighties, they nearly blew the back wall out!!!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I saw them at Donnington Monsters of Rock when they were on fear of the dark – 91 or 92 I think. Truly superb.

votchy
    Free Member

anyone seen them on their british dates yet, can’t wait ’til sunday…

angryratio
    Free Member

Saw them in Newcastle on saturday last weekend..
    They were pretty darn good, Airbourne the support were superb.

nedrapier

Saw their jet at Reykjavik airport. Fancy.

Northwind

I’d love to be all cynical and scathing about Maiden but the fact is, they’re still bloody brilliant. I saw them at Reading a couple of years back in front of probably the most un-Maideney crowd they’ve played to in the UK for a decade, and that night all the chat in the campsite was “I thought they’d be rubbish. They were fantastic” and “I was here for Kings of Leon but Maiden were better” and the like. Quite warmed my worn out old metal soul.

dh
    Free Member

Saw them in glasgow, didn’t enjoy it too much tbh.

Too much new stuff from their most recent album, and not enough of the old stuff. No aces high for example. Not even a run to the hills!

DH

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Are we back in the 1980s?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Are we back in the 1980s?

With your barnet? I think we may be.

grum
    Free Member

Not even a run to the hills!

Damn, I did consider getting tickets but I would be outraged if they didn’t play that. 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

“TandemJeremy – Member
    Are we back in the 1980s?”

With your barnet? I think we may be.

Ouch

Muke
    Free Member

Bruce has hired this today…

He is having a birthday party on the Thames @ Henley and among the guests will be Lemmy

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

An open goal, TJ!

🙂

julianwilson
    Free Member

Bet he’d look cooler marginally less daft than you in a Rawk Mane shake-off though Flashy.

I’m sure I look a right div shaking my pattern-balding (at 34!) grade 2 haired head around in rock clubs these days.

*mane envy* 😳

SST
    Free Member

Saw them at Castle Donington in ’88 – me and 107 000 other people!

Excellent concert, although 2 people were killed that year IIRC.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

dh – Member
    Saw them in glasgow, didn’t enjoy it too much tbh.
    Too much new stuff from their most recent album, and not enough of the old stuff. No aces high for example. Not even a run to the hills!
    DH
    POSTED 9 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

But it was an album tour, not a ‘666’ tour (their ‘best of’). I really enjoyed it.

votchy
    Free Member

Well must say they were absolutely awesome on Sunday night at the NIA, good mix of new and old. One of the best performances I have seen (seen them 8 or 9 times).

What did everyone think of the support band, Airborne? to me they were a poor man’s AC-DC with a slightly harder edge to them and they need to stop blowing smoke up the headliners 4rse, we know how good maiden are, no need to keep going on about it…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I wasn’t keen – as you say, AC/DC regurgitated – I couldn’t see past that (the image, not really the sound).

Maiden were good though. I wanna go again – would love to see them do the ‘best of’ tour in the UK though.

beanum

We saw a guy at a festival wearing this t-shirt, turns out he designed it…:-)
    Iron Medium T-shirt

mikey74
    Free Member

I’m going to see them at the O2 on Saturday **excited**.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Iron Maiden’ is closed to new replies.