Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ireland
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Things I like:

RTE2
    That road going into the mountains I drove last night from Dublin south into the Wicklow Mts. Wayhey!

Things I don’t like:

Traffic lights that take bloody ages.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I’m considering doing the women’s stage race over there in September.

I spent xmas in Northern Ireland but didn’t see much of it.

kilo

I’m considering doing the women’s stage race over there in September.

is it the Rás na mBan, down in kerry? – lovely part of the world, in fact it is the best part of ireland and the world

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

iiiRRRRRRRRRLAAAAND, iiiRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLAAAAND

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

is it the Rás na mBan, down in kerry

Yup thats the one. Just trying to work out if its a completely stoopid thing to do, or a good one to train for!

Blackhound

Supposed to be really good. A lady who rode with us has done it a couple of times. Think she won a stage last year.

It is really nice down there as well.

Heading to the West next week, but a bit further North, Limerick and Mayo.

And hope to get a chance to ride some of the road Molgrips mentions the week after before getting the ferry home.

kilo

Yup thats the one. Just trying to work out if its a completely stoopid thing to do, or a good one to train for!

Must be a good thing, watched bits of it a couple of times and ridden a fair amount of the roads down there. The other big race in kerry, ras mumhan (easter three days mens race) is near our place and is realy well supported by the public and local press, has rolling road closures (not that there is a lot of traffic) and a wide variety of rider levels in it. I was told a while ago that Rás na mBan were aiming to raise the level of the race organisation so i’m sure they’ll be aiming for similar. Sneem is quite pretty as well

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ireland’ is closed to new replies.