Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ipod Touch
  • soma_rich
    Free Member

Is there any issues with them. Pretty sure I am going to treat myself. Any reason not to get a secondhand one?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I had 3 refurbs of the 1st gen all of which got sent back. 2nd gen is a year old w/o issues.

Fantastic prodduct IMO, I use mine a lot for wifi browsing (and feel no hence need for a laptop at home), music and videos are good too. Obviously no point in getting if you see yourself getting a iphone, which I didn't at that time…

soma_rich
    Free Member

No chance of me getting an Iphone unless I can get a deal on my current contract which I doubt.

I will be trying to get a second hand one though. The one in the classifieds at the moment looks a little optimistic.

turboferret

I got a refurbed 1st gen from Apple, really like it.

Mainly bought for watching videos on planes and the like, but lots of other cool things about it too.

Bear in mind that they are fussy about file formats for vids, you might need to transcode existing stuff to play it back on the touch.

Cheers, Rich

samuri
    Free Member

They're great. Get a 2nd gen one. Had mine ages now.

HTTP404
    Free Member

great little devices.
    some very good and cheap games for them.
    so good, my daughter has now taken mine.

grievoustim
    Free Member

i've got a 2nd gen – its very good. when my phone contract expires next year I will upgrade to an iPhone though I think

agreed that classified one seems overpriced – I went for s 32gig as I want to have lots of music on mine. I think 8gig is a bit weedy TBH , you'll soon fill that with music/ video/ games/ photos

download handbrake for your PC / Mac (I think you can get a PC version) if you want to convert DVDs to iPOD friendly format

cynic-al
    Free Member

http://www.hotukdeals.com has a few deals atm – nothing crazy though, £10 off for 8g @ Apple too.

kiwijohn

I'd get a 3G, faster processor than even a an iPhone 3GS.
    Or there could be one with a video camera out in the spring if you believe macrumors.
    My 1G is still going strong after 2+ years, though 16GB ain't much these days. 64GB FTW

NorthShaun
    Free Member

Hey Soma!

I'd recommend one just for the Guitar Tools App for six quid! Great little machine BUT!…. Make sure you can download & run the latest version of iTunes onto your computer first, 'cos if you can't, you won't be able to use it (or you'll have to initialise it through a works PC like me :0/ )

grievoustim
    Free Member

that guitar tool app looks good – but presumably the tuner would only work on an iPhone (or you would need to buy some kind of plug in mic to make it work)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ipod Touch’ is closed to new replies.