Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ipod restore – error 9
  • BlobOnAStick

*sigh*

Number 1 son lost his iPod for a few weeks. When he found it again he couldn’t remember the password so I had to re-load that hideous iTunes abomination onto my PC to restore it.

It all seems to be working perfectly until the progress bar on the device gets to about 95% when iTunes kicks back an ‘error 9 unidentified problem’. Looking it up it can be caused by the device ‘falling off the USB bus’. I feel like kicking it off the bus 😡

I’ve tried it with AV/Firewall disabled, uninstalled/reinstalled iTunes, updated my AV software, unplugged all other USB equipment etc etc etc.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what to do next?

z1ppy

Quick search seems to suggest a USB issue might be the cause, try another port?
    Otherwise, are you plugging it in directly, or via a dock? (try direct)

BlobOnAStick

Thanks Zippy.

Already tried different ports and it’s direct through the USB cable as supplied.

It worked when the device was new and what’s really annoying is that it was working fine before he forgot the password, but now it’s fubar-ed

amaan
    Free Member

Laptop or desk top?

I had a similar problem with a ipod touch a couple of years ago, and as suggested above I used a different port, I used one of the usb ports on the back (attached to motherboard) of the desktop which sorted the problem.

not sure, but I think I switched the anti virus off too.

BlobOnAStick

Yeah, did all that. 🙁

Oh well, a trip to the Apple store it is then.

Thanks guys.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ipod restore – error 9’ is closed to new replies.