Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • iphone5…
  • Kryton57

Any info yet?

I’m trying to decide whether to take a free upgrade to the 4s or await the arrival of the 5….

Jamie
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with the 5, the 6 will be out shortly.

…being serious, if you need a phone, get the 4S now. If not, then I would guess October-ish for the 5.

Drac

The 4s only came out in October you’ll not see one until the October at the earliest but I’d say possible maybe next year. Apple won’t release any info until a few weeks before the release what ever the outcome.

warton
    Free Member

my contract runs out in october, so I’ll be upgrading to the 5. all the 4S has over the 4 is a better camera and siri really. The 5 will be a major upgrade, like the 4 was over the 3.

Milkie
    Free Member

4S is also a lot faster.. If you think you won’t make use of the better camera or Siri, then wait for the 5. But…. You’ll get more money for a 2nd hand 4S than a 4 when it comes to selling it…

Drac

The biggest thing the 4s has over the 4 is the dual core chip, then there’s the improved graphics performance and 1080p output. I’m not sure I’d upgrade to a 4S from a 4 though if your not due to October like you Warton.

brakes
    Free Member

Just get a 4S, but try to get a shorter contract – i.e. pay more upfront, it’s cheaper overall.
    I made the transition from iPhone to Android this month due to frustrations with Apple and being sick of their marketing shenanigans and failing to deliver on the 5. I got a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, which is effectively what I wanted the 4S to be.
    Great phone.

Drac

failing to deliver on the 5

Ay?

Jamie
    Free Member

Mon!

Gary_M
    Free Member

sick of their marketing shenanigans and failing to deliver on the 5

What do you mean ‘failing to deliver on the 5’? Did apple say they were releasing a 5 last October?

Drac

No, I think he listened the marketing shenanigans of geek forums.

mikertroid
    Free Member

I went from iOS to android about 15 months ago and have resorted to getting an iPod touch to do all my tasks other than calls. The android (Defy) gets slower by the day. It’s just so frustrating to use.

It’s put me off android totally, cant wait to go back to an iPhone.

I’m guessing the Defy was a poor implmentation of Android, but there are too many issues to trust it with good money again.

brakes
    Free Member

No, I think he listened the marketing shenanigans of geek forums.

which Apple did nothing to counter – just their usual veil of silence and anticipation.
    the suspense, my hopes, my dreams – all built up on the lead up to the launch of the 4S/5 – all came crashing down around me… 😥
    cruel, cruel Apple.

GrahamS

Apple and being sick of their marketing shenanigans and failing to deliver on the 5. I got a Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Yeah, I’m sick of Samsung repeatedly failing to deliver the Samsung Universe Nex?rum Ultra with holographic display and 5 year battery life, despite someone mentioning it once on a forum. 🙄

Cougar

I’m trying to decide whether to take a free upgrade to the 4s

You mean “spend the next two years paying £500 on the drip for a 4S,” it’s in no way “free” despite what your provider’s marketing department would have you believe.

If you’re happy with the 4, I’d suggest dropping to a SIM only tariff and putting aside the ~£20/month you’ll save ready for when a handset is released that you actually want.

Cougar

The android (Defy) gets slower by the day.

It’s broken, then. Factory reset / send it back.

Kryton57

I should point out that I have a 3GS, so I’d be going from that to a 4S.

Drac

That’s what I upgraded from it’s a massive difference so much faster, screen quality is far superior and the camera is actually useful.

jam_bo
    Free Member

I’m hopefully getting a replacement for my faulty 4 tomorrow, flogging it and getting a 4s.

It helps that someone else pays the bill…

GTDave
    Free Member

Once you experience Samsung’s unbelievable (lack of) customer service / after-care, it really puts you off owning any of their products ever again. 🙁

maccruiskeen

So anyway, Steve jobs arrives in heaven and is given the tour by god. At the end of the tour and an exchange of pleasantries there’s an awkward silence before god tentatively asks “errm, is there any chance I could get my hands on an iPhone 5?”

“you might be god” jobs replies ” but you’re no Steven Fry”

SBrock
    Free Member

i had a iphone 3G, 2 years ago was waiting for the 4 but i couldn’t wait so went to an Android, yes they are ok but as time went on it annoyed me…. battery life was just terrible, i thought i could sync my mac to it with double twist but it was useless, the 4 came out and i was gutted that i had a phone i didn’t want. My android contract has just run and i have just got a 4s last week and i love it, it syncs to my iMac and iPad with iCloud and everything is lovely now!

SBrock
    Free Member

I should point out that I have a 3GS, so I’d be going from that to a 4S.

i think its worth it form a 3gs!

CountZero

which Apple did nothing to counter – just their usual veil of silence and anticipation.
    the suspense, my hopes, my dreams – all built up on the lead up to the launch of the 4S/5 – all came crashing down around me…
    cruel, cruel Apple.

So basically you listened to a bunch of rumours touted by geeks who only have rumours to base their rumours on, and when those rumours fail to match up to the expectations you’ve built up you put the blame on Apple just because the conformed to their normal business practice of giving nothing away until their own release event.
    Are you always that stupid?

Cougar

Ah, sorry, I assumed 4. In which case, yes, I’d go for the 4S now. There’s always a new phone in the pipeline. If you wait for the iPhone 5, you’ll be kicking yourself in a few months when the 5S is announced.

From what I’ve seen, alternate upgrades seem to be the most sensible route for iPhone owners, balancing cost against functionality. Either 3G, 4, 5, or 3GS, 4S, 5S…

Kryton57

Cougar – Member

Ah, sorry, I assumed 4. In which case, yes, I’d go for the 4S now. There’s always a new phone in the pipeline. If you wait for the iPhone 5, you’ll be kicking yourself in a few months when the 5S is announced.

From what I’ve seen, alternate upgrades seem to be the most sensible route for iPhone owners, balancing cost against functionality. Either 3G, 4, 5, or 3GS, 4S, 5S…

This is pretty much where my head is TBH. As for SIM only, well I can stay on the £24pm tariff I’m on and get the Handset “free” – appreciate its not free but I have free calls to all T Mobile (wifey is T Mobile too so handy), free texts to all T Mobile (not withstanging I messaging and 300 Text + 300 mins to other next works, plus unlimited data.

What this really means is I dont pay anything other than the £25 anyway…..

mikertroid
    Free Member

Cougar, it’s always getting reset. Thanfully I’ve onle got a few months before I can ditch it. Useless!

Shame iPhone isn’t waterproof though.

GrahamS

Shame iPhone isn’t waterproof though.

How waterproof do you need?

Splash proof: Freezer Bag

Rainproof: UltimateAddOns case with bike mount: £28

Waterproof: Lifeproof case: $79.99 + import duty

mikertroid
    Free Member

^^ about that waterproof. I like!!

Kryton57

Well, I phone T-Mobile who are not expecting to recieve delivery if iPhone 5’s until Q1 2013.

The have a a special tariff for people like me, whereby I get 50% discount on my tariff for 12 months while I await the “5”, with no obligation to buy an iphone 5.

Or £200 to upgrade to a 4s….

mulacs

http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/LifeProof_iPhone_4_Case/

£70, in the uk. job done. 🙂

Kryton57

So, after my contract expired last week I called T Mobile. They stated they didn’t expect iphone 5’s until Q1 2013, probably Q4 2012 on O2.

BUT, they offered me a 33% discount with no contract tie in (just 30 days notice), to stick with them. Plan reverts to full price if/when I take an upgrade to a 4s or 5.

I’ll happily live with that for a bit 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘iphone5…’ is closed to new replies.