Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • iphone4
  • doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Is it worth forking out for the 32gb version or is the 16gb all most users need?
    Any thoughts out there?

Drac

I use a have a 3GS and it's more enough for me, I don't flood it with MP3s though but have plenty of apps, last count I had about 7gb left.

DOH! On a 16gb

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I've got an 8gb 3G which I thought would be easily enough for me. It's not.

I'll be getting a 4 soonish, and I'll go for the 32GB, becasue I reckon I could fill 10-12gb with the stuff I have on iTunes right now 🙂

I use the iPod on the phone for commuting duties, and in the car.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

would like to use it as my main ipod and have about 10 gig of music on my old ipod.

Milkie
    Free Member

I have 1gb free, using the 32gb version.

It depends on what you are using it for. I store a lot of video's, music & documents on mine.

The iPhone 4 games are generally quite big too (500mb for Spiderman) due to the resolution.

Previously had a 16gb 3GS and again I had 1gb free.

would like to use it as my main ipod and have about 10 gig of music on my old ipod.

32gb you'll need then. 6gb for everything else is too little imo.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

mainly music and photos i imagine. not a big gamer!

any thoughts on protection for the phone whilst biking while we're at it?

Drac

The iPhone 4 games are generally quite big too (500mb for Spiderman) due to the resolution

Ooh that's a good point.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Or maybe i'll just delete all my 80's dadrock to free up some space!

GrahamS

You don't have to sync EVERYTHING every time remember. You can sync by playlist etc.

Personally I've got the 32GB, but I rarely listen to music on it.
    Most of the space is taken by apps, games, movies and video podcasts.

Milkie
    Free Member

any thoughts on protection for the phone whilst biking while we're at it?

I put mine in a sandwich bag in the top of my Camelbak Mule which has an ipod/phone pouch. The touchscreen works in the sandwich bag too! Looking at getting a d30 case for it, for when it slips through my fingers.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Depends on use but HD videos, full european satnav and syncing camera photos/videos from your PC take up quite a bit of space. So it depends on whether you want to do too much of that stuff.

footflaps

It's great for HD video which will be 1Gb a film but as I have an iPad as well, I went for the 16Gb version to replace by 32Gb 3GS (which I gave to the OH).

duntmatter
    Free Member

I went from an old Sony Ericsson (4gb) to my first iphone, and thought I'd save £100 by going for the 16gb, not the 32gb one. I use phones mainly as mp3 players I can do other stuff on. Now I can see I could easily have made use of the 32gb one.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I have a 32 gig – I need a 64 gig , cos I can't fit all my music on it . 16 gig is too little for a 'do it all' device IMO

spacemonkey

Bear in mind that the 16Gb only has about 14Gb of usable storage – so if you're gonna dump 10Gb of tunes followed by a bunch of pics/movies and apps, then I'd say go the hog and get the 32Gb.

As has been mentioned, some of the apps, especially a few games (Nova, Asphalt, etc) are 500Mb+.

Movie recording is IMO very good quality so it's easy to just pick up and snap – thus you'll soon find that spare capacity being eaten into.

loddrik
    Free Member

I put all my music on a 120gb iPod do the phones is just for apps and photos and the 16gb is all I need.

uplink
    Free Member

Mine's a 8gig 3G

it reports – Capacity 6.9Gb, Available 6.8 GB

So plenty of room left 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘iphone4’ is closed to new replies.