Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Iphone text messages
  • JCornford

I've found I am now going over my 600 texts a month (I blame the new girl friend) and the way texts etc are displyed on the iphone it makes me write lots of short messages rather than fewer but longer ones and I was wondering if there was any way to up your text allowance, i.e. a bolt on etc, does any one know? I don't use all my minutes but could really do with more texts.

brant
    Free Member

why not get fring or something on there, and run msn messenger/skype on it instead?

TooTall
    Free Member

20 texts a day? You need to get a life – not fring!

GrahamS

600?? **** hell – I don't think I've ever gone over 50.

why not get fring or something on there, and run msn messenger/skype on it instead?

Yeah, or use the Skype app. Or send emails instead.

simonk
    Free Member

You can get bolt ons for texts i beleive, but using MSN or skype is the best option, i use Beejive for my msn on mine and it is really good, costs a couple of quid but is well supported. skype is good too i used it a fair bit while i was seeing a young lady in Norway 😀

Simon k

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Err. It's PHONE. Just call her!

You'll say more in 2 minutes than 20 texts ever will!

fozzybear
    Free Member

send a message to my gf (golfchick) she will tell you the thing she uses.

she has an o2 reporting tool that tell you how many txt and minutes you have left.

the other i think she stopped using but it would count characters, messages and total messages sent per the month.

JCornford

Excellent, thanks for that, it would be very handy, i'll send her a message.

GrahamS

You can send a blank text to 21202 and you'll get a text back telling you your unused texts and minutes.

Or if that is too much hassle then pay 59p for the "Mobile Allowance" by Prenvo app which checks it for you.

(I am not fozzybear's girlfriend)

fozzybear
    Free Member

u wish!!

GrahamS

u wish!!

Look, I've told you. It's over. We were never meant to be. You're just too much man for me.

Please stop hanging around outside my house – you're breaking the restraining order.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

not for the first time either… 😉 @ foz

fozzybear
    Free Member

ohh but your ad said "Recreational leisure cycling" how was i to know this wasn't a thinly veiled disguise for mtb dogging? 🙂 😉

hehehe

back on topic
    Mobile Allowance is a good app too.. sometimes spaz'z out when it can reach o2's servers but a good tool non the less

Dougal
    Free Member

Direct messages on twitter have destroyed my need for SMS these days, never send more than 50 a month.

jimmy

it'll calm down once the honeymoon period's over…

simon_g

20 a day? Nuts.

If you really need it, going up to the next tariff for an extra £10/month doubles that to 1200/month.

JxL
    Free Member

The app to make it easy and quick to check remaining texts/minutes/balance is called ALLOWANCE.

GrahamS

Of course these apps require you to hand over your O2 username and password to a completely uncontrolled third-party.

But I'm sure it's fine.

JCornford

There is no increase in texts only minutes when you go up to the next tarif.

Marmite
    Free Member

Unlimited text bolt on £7.50……

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=29&q1=23

Jamie
    Free Member

#
    jimmy – Member

it'll calm down once the honeymoon period's over…
    Posted 1 day ago # Report-Post

+1.

Incidentally this is my first forum post on my new, to me, iphone.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Iphone text messages’ is closed to new replies.