Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Iphone Question
  • tartanscarf

I may buy my wife an Iphones shortly. I know all about syncing 2 Iphones to one Itunes account but can I sync both phones to 1 email account on outlook? We run a business so both need to be able to pick up emails.

Cheers
    TS

wombat

I think there's an app for that 🙂

5thElefant
    Free Member

What I do is set the email account up on the server to forward a copy of all mail to a seperate iPhone email account. I then set the return address to be the normal one.

For example:

normal@mail.com forwards a copy to…
    iphone@mail.com

The iphone downloads the iphone@mail.com mail but the return address is set to normal@mail.com.

This is done at a mail server level so you may or may not be able to do this depending on what service you use.

Onzadog
    Free Member

There are three computers at home and the iphone while I had it. All i did was decide which one of those I wanted to be the primary machine. On that one, once the mail had downloaded, I set it to delete the message from the server. Anything else, including the iphone would read the mail but leave the message on the server until the primary machine had downloaded it.

Would that help or did I misunderstand the question? (perfectly possible, I'm having one of those days)

stooo
    Free Member

Get an IMAP email account (as opposed to POP3) – you can have as many devices/machines syncing with it as you like.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Iphone Question’ is closed to new replies.